quart violin bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

druggistnut

Reaction score
I have a chance to acquire this bottle for $50.00. I'm wondering if I can make a profit from it. I know nothing about violins, but this one does appear to be authentic, not a repro.
Bill

9511053D5A564CE0BE950131B2B5ADB7.jpg

Attachments

• 9511053D5A564CE0BE950131B2B5ADB7.jpg
    9511053D5A564CE0BE950131B2B5ADB7.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 87

botlenut

Reaction score
I would agree, that there's no meat left on the bone in that color. I would expect that to sell for 15-20 tops. Hope that helps

timepeeks

Reaction score
RE: quart violin bottle Function?

I have two of these and have had others...I have always thought them to be wall pocket vases that fit in metal brackets for hanging on the wall.Is this true or did these bottles actually fuction as commercial bottles ?
Jodetta

heritageglass

Reaction score
Likely a Clevenger. Value of about $15-20 is correct. Dell Glass also made these, but their design has the image of staff & notes embossed on the reverse. Violin collectors value the rarer colors, amberina, vaseline, milkglass, cobalt. Pontiled & signed (CB )examples also are more valuable.
Here's the collectors website - viobot.tripod.com/page2.html

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Thanks Rick, I thought I had that bookmarked and was just about to search it out. I have one of the Dell's I think but someone had suggested it may be Pairpoint. It's just a more blue than green aqua but I liked it and for $20 (I think, maybe it was $12) with a nice looking holder, I was fine with that.

Asterx

Reaction score
I haven't seen any in person but I've seen pictures of red and I mean very red violins which would fetch a few more bucks. I kind of like the banjo bottles. Some of them go for a decent amount. I've seen these on metal wall hangers. Some are embossed on the body.

According to a book I have, besides the Dell and CB ones there are violin bottles embossed or etched Japan, France or Czecho/Slovakia on the base. Some of the embossing suggests alcohol "Federal Law Prohibits..." and others were only labeled. According to the book, many of the violin bottles with "ears" or tuning pegs, advertised a cosmetic product on the label (I have never seen a label on any of them). There are some OV bottles "Other Violin" with a very descriptive and detailed violin shape which are very nice...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora