Missed opportunity

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W
My dad jumped down out of a tree with a spear made of re-bar and killed a deer. His nick name was "Hudnut" and yes his first name is Richard [:D]

Dang, your dad is awesome! [:D] Was his nickname a reference to something, or just a random name that stuck? Believe it or not I've put a decent bit of thought into hunting with spears. When i was 18 I had made a set of 3 javelins and set out to try to bag a deer, but was unsuccessful. Had fun though. Personally it's more satisfying and exciting than huntin' with semiautomatic firearms, despite being far more difficult. There is something very primal and manly that gets expressed when chucking spears.

hunting262

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

ORIGINAL: hunting262

Buckshot? Really?

PD
Ya is that bad???????[>:]

Buckshot is different from a slug. A slug is one piece whereas buckshot (more bb like) varies by "number." The lower the number, the larger the bbs and fewer of them. The larger the number, the smaller the bbs and more of them. Generally larger number shot is used for smaller birds or squirrels while lower number shot is used for larger birds like turkeys. JMHO

PD
Yeah it goes 1 2 3 4 5 00 000 1 is the smallest and 000 is the largest.

hunting262

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: THOMAS1967

Pretty sure BUCKSHOT is almost always used for deer or home defense, thus the name "BUCK" shot...Birdshot would be used for smaller game..[;)]

ORIGINAL: hunting262

Buckshot? Really?

PD
Ya is that bad???????[>:]

Buckshot is different from a slug. A slug is one piece whereas buckshot (more bb like) varies by "number." The lower the number, the larger the bbs and fewer of them. The larger the number, the smaller the bbs and more of them. Generally larger number shot is used for smaller birds or squirrels while lower number shot is used for larger birds like turkeys. JMHO

PD
Yeah your right.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp