Old? or repo?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SkinsFan36
Feels pretty cool to hold a bottle this old in my hands and think about how it survived all this time. Awesome

That's precisely what it's all about Steve. It's what got me into collecting old stuff all those years ago, and the story is likely similar for most collectors. You can read a history book, but it's nothing like actually holding a piece of history; protecting the items from destruction and ensuring that they get passed on for future people to cherish.

SkinsFan36

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

ORIGINAL: SkinsFan36
Feels pretty cool to hold a bottle this old in my hands and think about how it survived all this time. Awesome

That's precisely what it's all about Steve. It's what got me into collecting old stuff all those years ago, and the story is likely similar for most collectors. You can read a history book, but it's nothing like actually holding a piece of history; protecting the items from destruction and ensuring that they get passed on for future people to cherish.

Yes it's very cool indeed. Unwrapped the rest of the stuff in the box and it had some newer meds in it. A Syrup of Black Draught and a Thacher Medicine Co. Stella Vite or Vitae? Embossing is really weak and hard to make out. Looks like an A connected to the E.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
It's really cool to touch your first pontiled bottle, and realize it's been kicking around since before the Civil War. When I was a kid I owned a number of pontiled puffs and unembossed meds, and always got a thrill from finding another one. It's amazing to me that they can be so old and yet still so clear, clean and beautiful. They always seem so delicate in your hands, like somehow there isn't any way they should have survived a civil war, two world wars, famine, pestilence, etc.

Jim G

Asterx

Reaction score
Something about those big chemist bullets are very appealing, especially pontiled ones [:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94