Heart troubles...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
I ended up going into congestive heart failure three years ago after a viral infection ended up getting to the left side of my heart, while in the hospital it was determined that the left side was working at 25% it's normally capacity. I spent a week in the hospital and have been on meds ever since without incident. I went for a stress test last week since I started eating right and gave up drinking back in April to see how things are going, and they called today to have me come in and see the heart doc on the 10th. Turns out they want to do a catheterization again so I'm pretty freaked out...

I was able to walk the treadmill with little to know problem, and they did an echo a few hours afterward. I never have any symptoms like pain, edema or shortness of breath, but I do have high blood pressure and I could stand to lose some weight which was one of the reasons I wanted the stress test. I wanted to make sure it was ok to get to the gym and also go running, I guess that'll have to wait. Sorry, just thought I'd vent a little...

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. I hope everything is alright and gets better soon[;)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Hey Jim, glad you're still with us.. did you see THIS heart-warming presentation? It was on Yahoo this morning..

Conch times

Reaction score
Wow Mr. Jim, im sorry to hear of your issue buddy. IMO you should feel free to vent here, I know you have always helped me when I needed you, and sometimes when I didn't [;)]. I have also seen you help a lot of others on the forum as well. Me and mine will be prayin for you to be here stirring the pot for MANY years to come!

LC

Reaction score
Wish you luck with the exercise Jim . I am in atrial fib , and have put on a bunch of weight since I have quit smoking some years back , replaced the smoking with eating . Spent last winter on my back side doing more or less nothing all winter . Couldn't walk fifty feet without being out of breath and experienced quite a bit of pain in my lower back as well . Went for a check up and the Doc told me if I did not get up and get moving that I might not be around much longer . So back at the end of May , I started to get back to walking which I had done several years before . I have finally managed to get back up to a mile and a half a day . I am embarrassed to say I have lost little to no weight , but my breathing has improved and the pain in my lower back has decreased immensely . Now if I could just quit eating six times through the evening hours ........ Anyway regardless exercise will not be a waste of time for you and you will I am sure feel very much better than you do now . Again good luck with it .

epackage

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm hoping since it's something that can wait until the 10th it's no big deal. However, it's the waiting until the 10th that's gonna stress me out, I should have just joined to gym and started running again instead of going to the doctor...lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky