2012 Franklin Mineral Show Tomorrow, 9/28!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NyDigger1

Reaction score
I know its kind of short notice, but before i collected bottles I collected rocks and minerals.

HOWEVER, I will be bringing all of my bottles (blobs, crowns, meds, etc, mostly NJ stuff) to the show to put on my table. About 4 boxes worth. Alot of Newton NJ Blobs, various crowns, alot of variety (from alot of areas)

Stop by! (50 Washington Avenue, Franklin)

Its in Franklin NJ, near Ogdensburg, so if anyone lives in the area, come on down!

NyDigger1

Reaction score
the show is for minerals from all over the world, and trust me I have a rainbow assortment,

franklin minerals from that area tend to be florescent, meaning that you would need a UV lamp to see the colors

Heres a video of my table

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qsbxx8NkD4

now mix that with bottles =]

LC

Reaction score
You had a great display there . I remember the first time I went to Tuscon , Arizona , my nephew took me to several rock shops in town , I was blown away by all the colors as well as all the fossils as well that they offered . You could buy raw or polished minerals . It was a great experience . I am more into fossils myself , have a pretty nice collection of trilobites form the Ordovician period .

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
My kid collects rocks and minerals. So far he has no flourescent examples (except some not very exciting calcite).
Do you ever trade rocks for bottles?
Do you collect fossils?

NyDigger1

Reaction score
L C thats cool im a trilobite guy as well [8D]

Antique, I would definitely trade some rocks for bottles, you name it, chances are Ive got it, I have a wide variety of florescent minerals as well, I have one stone (I think i still do have it, ill let you know if i sold it or not I dont remember exactly, Ill check tomorrow) A Peruvian calcite with a bright bright pink glow on shortwave UV

Fossils, Ive got a ton, (except trilobite, I keep those [;)])

Fossilized: Squids, Whale Bones, Shells and a large variety of Petrified wood.

I also have an agate collection that was 16 boxes with about 8 left

Let me know if you want to trade anything, Im looking for any bottles from the locations in my signature (blobs, milks, medicines, anything)

epackage

Reaction score
I may make the trip up to the show and drop off your bottles Mike, I haven't decided yet...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch