looking for and finding bottles deep in the woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
checked my pop bottle book and it says Private Brands Beverages was a company from Toronto , Ontario that operated from 1947 - 1965 or later . so the bottle isn't that old but unusal as i haven't seen anything from the company before

Plumbata

Reaction score
I think the Pertussin bottle held a treatment for Whooping Cough, or maybe coughing in general.

Does the coke have a town name on it?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

I think the Pertussin bottle held a treatment for Whooping Cough, or maybe coughing in general.

Does the coke have a town name on it?
Yes to both. I remember it as a kid but found this about the Vasaline and cold cream people.
http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/chesebrough-pond-s-usa-inc-history/
A question also about the coke. Is it true Coke did clear during WWII due to a shortage of what made the green? I heard that somewhere.

RCO

Reaction score
as for the dumps age , i think there is alot more stuff yet to be dug up , i've only poked around it twice now and each time i seem to find more stuff . its sort of this big hole /build up of stuff near the edge of the lot where building was . i expect to find much older bottles if i dig it further as property has age .

coca cola bottles sold in canada during this period do not have city names on the bottle , only the year . however its very likely this coca cola bottle would of been made in toronto and been bottled in gravenhurst , ontario by Brown's beverage as they did coca cola for this area .

Digging Up Bottles

Reaction score
Looks like you're hitting some ACLs! Too bad the Temagami was broken. Some of those painted label sodas are quite desirable. Digging deeper will surely get you some older stuff and some labels well preserved.

Erik T

Reaction score
Nice finds keep digging!

and what soda bottle book do you have?

RCO

Reaction score
i have the ontario pop bottles list 1931 - 1965 by glen phillips , it has alot of good info in it . he also has some books on dairy bottles and another book that focuses on older bottles from ontario

actually allready have the temagami dry bottle , it was a 7 oz one i found broken , don't have the 10 oz one yet it been hard to find . here's a pic of what a nice one looks like

0A2879CFEFC140E2AECFFA2E7492E4B4.jpg

Attachments

• 0A2879CFEFC140E2AECFFA2E7492E4B4.jpg
    0A2879CFEFC140E2AECFFA2E7492E4B4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 80

canada

Reaction score
Is that the larose forest near Ottawa?

RCO

Reaction score
no i'm not anywhere near Ottawa , the pure springs bottle would of been from ottawa but it was sold province wide . i'm 2 hours north of toronto , area refered to as " muskoka " known as the cottage area of ontario . lots of bottles to find as its busy during the summer when its hot and people drinking all kinds of things .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado