Alta Crest Reproductions?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Asterx

Reaction score
Anyone know of Alta Crest quart repros?

Asterx

Reaction score
Its a Spencer MA farm, they put out a green quart with an embossed cow head on it thats worth a whole lot as far as milk bottles go. you'd think if they were to reproduce any that might be one of them. It does sound like a california name doesn't it?

Andrewt

Reaction score
Only repos I've see are the Brooksfield babyface and the Thatcher ceramic top one. You could be correct but IK nothing about them, there was a dairy out of NY state that used green bottles also.

Asterx

Reaction score
there are lots of the absolutely pure milk ones too.

David Fertig

Reaction score
Why do you suspect repros from Alta Crest?

Or were you assuming there might be of the green one?

It's not local to me, but if you have some good pics of a suspect one, I can usually tell the difference.

Asterx

Reaction score
Hi David, I just wasnt sure as far as milks go but ended up getting a picture of the milk in question and it definitely wasn't a repro. But I didn't buy it. I thought it might have been something special with the cow's head embossed on it but it looks to be maybe a 20-30 dollar bottle. I'm still learning what things are desireable in milks. Its kind of elusive trying to pinpoint factors that make one milk better than another besides the obvious. I know that patriotic or war bond images go over quite well and some odd colors but its difficult. Any pointers?

Andrewt

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: asterisk80

Hi David, I just wasnt sure as far as milks go but ended up getting a picture of the milk in question and it definitely wasn't a repro. But I didn't buy it. I thought it might have been something special with the cow's head embossed on it but it looks to be maybe a 20-30 dollar bottle. I'm still learning what things are desireable in milks. Its kind of elusive trying to pinpoint factors that make one milk better than another besides the obvious. I know that patriotic or war bond images go over quite well and some odd colors but its difficult. Any pointers?
I"M NOT A BIG EXPERT BUT... The rare ceam tops, the(cop top) in good condition are what seem the most popular at this moment. The older embossed milks that are in good condition and the early tin lids like the AGS one with the steel bands and the tin top closure. Disney characters on milks sell well also. But you could have a milk someone is looking for and is willing to pay 40-60. Some people collect cloverleaf milks, Indian ones, etc.. IMO the best thing to do is watch them on Ebay and see what they are selling for.

Asterx

Reaction score
thanks andrew. Yes watching bottles sell on Ebay is a great way to see whats worth what. Its difficult for me to make helpful generalizations from this though. Like small town farm slug plate milks sometimes sell big and sometimes don't sell. Am I wrong to assume this is similar to small town pharm bottles? Besides color, its difficult to tell how much impact scarcity will have on the worth. Sometime it doesnt seem to affect it at all. Interesting..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi