need help with a hawley pa

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

creeper71

Reaction score
I seen a nice HAWLEY ,PA USA either cd 145 or 145.4 had a Monogram but couldn't figure it maybe it was CHI don't remember if it was light aqua or ice blue insulator today at a flea market but to get it I had to buy a box of junk bottles an very common brookfeild insulators for 40.00.. Anyone know anything about this insulator?

BillinMo

Reaction score
You have a CD 145. Many manufacturers made that beehive shape over many years, so there's a lot of variation in that CD number. Your insulator looks like this one, right? LINK

The monogram is an intertwined HI Co for Harloe Insulator Company in Hawley, PA, made around 1902-1906. The Harloe Company also ran a glass factory in Elmer, New Jersey, but I'm not going to hazard a guess as to which insulators came from which factory. Because of the Hawley embossing, most insulator collectors tend to call these "Hawleys." (Not to get too confusing, but if you say "Harloe," most collectors will think of the rare Harloe Patent insulator made by the same company LINK)

I hope the other stuff in the bucket was at least fairly decent. Most aqua Hawley beehives are in the 3-5 dollar range, but the company also had pretty poor production control. If yours has lots of snow, bubbles, or other interesting character traits in the glass, it can be worth more, perhaps 10-20 dollars.

sparrow75

Reaction score
I recently picked up my first Hawley cd 145, and although not a high price guide value (at least in aqua), I think it's one of the neater embossing.

epackage

Reaction score
Some of the Hawley's that sold on Ebay recently...

http://www.ebay.com/dsc/Insulators-/795/i.html?_ipg=200&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&LH_TitleDesc=1&_sticky=1&_sc=1&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_adv=1&_sop=10&_trkparms=65%253A3%257C66%253A4%257C39%253A1&_dmd=1&_nkw=hawley&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=0&LH_Complete=1

Brains

Reaction score
Hawley's are pretty cool, like bill said 3-5 dollar range but they are often pretty crude or junky.

On a side note, currently the area once occupied by the uhhh...Harloe (some people say Hawley... some say harloe...) insulator company is now a baseball diamond! I think.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch