"a bought lesson"...help with comapny name

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

timepeeks

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Found this bottle at a yard sale at first all I saw was the neck sticking up above other items and I thought to myself "That's an odd looking cream top", but when I picked it up and saw the Lemon-horehound rock & rye embossing I became intrigued and paid the few bucks for it to research it. Now kentucky is bourbon country and I don't drink so i have limited knowledge of whiskkeys. it was worth everyone of my dimes to learn about rock & rye" but I have been unable to determine the name of the company who bottled this. Any info to that end would be appreciated... also, am I correct with my conclusion that the "cream top" bulge held the fruit and candy to flavor the whiskey? and is this considered a cures bottle or whiskey bottle? thanks in advance.

epackage

Reaction score
I think that neck is just part of the design of the bottle and has no real purpose, the bottle is worth a couple of dollars so you didn't overpay, but you didn't get any sort of deal either...Jim

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It's not a Kentucky thing so you won't find the answers there. Try the UK
If that is it, cool to look at but just a concoction that got made up and probably fairly common over there.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum