Purchased a Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Asterx

Reaction score
The Barbers are for sale, please email me with any interest or questions. Thanks! [:)]

A438D0C698AF41A586B2E9C88430F7D6.jpg

Attachments

• A438D0C698AF41A586B2E9C88430F7D6.jpg
    A438D0C698AF41A586B2E9C88430F7D6.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 58

timepeeks

Reaction score
Jordan, thanks for the response to my questions. Sorry for my delayed response. My reason for the color question is that what you are describing is referred to as amberina, deep red gradually changed to red, in my experience really old amberina is more pronounced really red to really light orange. maybe not victorian after all. you are probaly already aware of this, but sometimes silver markings are very tiny. Did you check the flat surface of the rim on the lid with a loop or powerful magnifying glass. I am often pleasantly surprised to find silver hallmarks in the oddest places, which I had at first overlooked. A lovely inkwell never the less...and a great collection you purchased.

timepeeks

Reaction score
Jordan,
I really do not think it is a sugar bowl. The form is not ike any sugar bowls i have seen . The shape of the neck would make it very difficult to use a teaspoon for scooping the sugar out. I think it is more likely a small vase. I have no idea of maker or age.
Could be old and could be modern. Is there evidence of wear on the base where it would have rubbed from being moved around on a table or shelf? If so that could indicate some age. Jodetta
ORIGINAL: asterisk80

Any ideas on the sugar bowl anyone? 18 ribs. It was given to a caretaker by a resident in a nursing home in MA.

Asterx

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas Jodetta. I was familiar with the term Amberina but had never looked into it. I did a google search and wow thats some vivid coloration, with the abrupt yellow to red, pretty neat! I'll have to give the lid a closer look when I get my hands on a loop (something I've been meaning to pick up for quite awhile but never remember :p), so thank you for the nice reminder. Also, the ribbed "bowl", thanks for the idea of a vase. Maybe thats why I have not been able to find anything similar.

Zoyee, I don't understand "in the before 1990 the tradition was very different as compare to today."

Asterx

Reaction score
Oh, and Jodetta, the vase-bowl has some base wear, and its not overly shiny or overly populated with seed bubbles like you see in modern pieces made to look old. I'm fairly certain its original... off to google 18 rib vases [:)]

Asterx

Reaction score
I know this is the incorrect room but instead of reposting photos and descriptions, the blue-green OP whittled flask is for sale. Email with any interest or questions. Thanks

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
You've got some mix of old and newer, American and foreign, and some damaged and repaired. It all needs a personal examination. The swirls, cut off top on the handled jug are the most obvious.
I did learn one thing though. I need to take my eyes off my donor card. I can't make out a lot of the stuff.

Asterx

Reaction score
"The swirls" refers to which piece(s)?

Oops, wrong power button.

2find4me

Reaction score
If you have an eBay account asterisk80
I would put them on, maybe you'll get about $50 at least.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi