some recent earlyglass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
(Hope this is the right place to put these guys? As a relative newbie to this forum I'll probably break all sorts of rules and conventions, until people put me right!)

Here's a pair I've just recently made up with the later addition. Aqua halfsize onions, on the right a just pre1700, which I've had for a year or so, but last week added the slightly later one, in my eyes more attractive, but whatever, rare pieces, both strangely with blowpipe pontils which you wouldn't expect from otherwise classic English form bottles. Have put a bit more about them on my blog, but that will have to do for the moment for here...

P1110781.jpg

earlyglasscollector www.earlyglass.com

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Mark, I like your glass pieces. I have collected glass for many years and now need to start finding new homes for some of it. I went to your homepage and wondered what type of glass you want to find. Check my homepage, RED Matthews

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hey Mark, your turning up some cool stuff. I wouldn't think anything other that the typical black glass for that era over there. I know of some of the small meds etc.in the 1810-30 in aquaish colors but never new of the mass produced stuff. There must have been an area with the right sand and other mixers for it?
That's good to know even if it does blow my hole idea of what to look for. [:D]
PS, your not new, just kinda missing for a tad.

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
Hi everyone/guys/girls,
Thanks for the comments. I checked over your website Red and will look forward to really digesting the various technical observations and discussions on there.
My own website www.earlyglass.com is simply a catalog of some of my stock of roughly 1000 bottles, all either freeblown or pontilled or earlystoneware, or related items. Everything from sealed shaft and globes to Romano/Syrian etc, but nothing much later than around 1850, though have to admit have expanded a little bit in that area too. It's not all on there by anu meas, inded the best stuff is in the reserve collection. Do click on the latest pages (I think numbering around page 60+ now. Just click on the "GO" button then navigate to the last pages (numbered at the bottom) and work backwards...
To cowseatmaize, yes I look forward to being a more major part of the forum now - I'm doing a deidacted push in the American area, so will be posting lots more of this sort of stuff n pics.
Hope you don't all get fed up of me!!!!!

oh here's something just to be keeping people entertained...a sealed shaft and globe I got last year in auction. I would LOVE to have seen the owners reaction when he saw what had happened to his seal.....:)

P1080914.jpg

earlyglass www.earlyglass.com

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
Thanks for that Joe, yes weird seal. Strange that it must have survived although wrong, and no correct o0nes known. Unless it was actually done on purpose? it would be an interetsing talkingpoint to take a wax seal and make your insignia impression on it with your wine bottle, so it appeared the right way round?
I don't know. You would think that somebody would have thought about it, I mean a seal dies must have taken some while to make and cost a bit....
Would be interested to hear comments/other explanations?

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Yes Mark,...you're welcome, and as Red Matthews would say,...A "bottle mystery" with that seal. Considering it's age, we may never know if it was intentional or not, but perhaps a reversed example will surface sometime...Just one of the intresting facets of collecting antique bottles! Lot's of question marks...[:D]

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
Hi Antiquemeds,
I certainly do get them, am always chasing them, but they do go very quickly, as you probably know, at least the classic early English ones do, lead glass etc. I have various still in stock, but I think mostly only the usual common ones now or American ones (all obviously common ones I rush to say!). I will check through though.
Just sold a blackglass Daffy's probably the last decent English med I've had. Always on the lookout but they are particularly the thing here at the moment, everyone jumping over each other to get to them...:)
regards

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum