Saved some from the trashman!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

houseman

Reaction score
Yesterday I met up with a gentleman who had told me he had boxes and boxes of bottles his parents had dug in an area along the Delaware River that is now a national park before it was a national park. I got to his house around 10:00 and spent over four hours digging through two dozen big boxes of dirty dug bottles. There was no organization and most of what was there would be considered "junk" by most of us, but we were able to separate out a few that are worth keeping. I added a couple dozen "semi-locals" to my collection, helped him clean out his garage, and got to spend a morning with a genuinely nice guy.

Some of the bottles:

Fred Rupp Port Jervis NY hutch
PC Murray Monticello NY hutch
JS Rupp Milford PA lady's leg blob top
Rupp Bros Port Jervis NY crown top
Rupp Bros Port Jervis NY quart blob top-2 different ones
Rupp Bros Port Jervis NY 9-inch blob top
Gumaer & Barkman Port Jervis NY quart blob top
PE Gumaer Port Jervis NY 9-in blob top-green
Two Milford PA pharmacy bottles
Two Carter's 1897 cone inks-one aqua and one olive green
H&V.B. Newton NJ aqua pony
Frank R Quinn Greenspat NJ crown top
Sprattler & Mennel Paterson NJ crown top (couldn't let that one go in the trash!)
Fred Moore Milk & Cream Newton NJ quart milk
SB Hendershot Newton NJ half pink milk
Baldwin Farm Mt Pleasant NJ pint milk
O'Dowd's Dairy Pine Brook NJ quart milk-interesting that it has the slug plate embossed on both sides
SB White Dairy New Hackensack NY quart milk-I thought it was New Jersey until I got it home and wiped it off
My favorite is a Radway's Sarsaparillian Resolvent/RRR/Entd Accord to Act of Congress. I've seen a lot of Radway's bottles but never this one. It's cracked on the side but I thought it was still worth saving.
There were some other odds and ends in there too, including a hutchinson bottle crate from a local bottler. And, he told me he has a box of 80-90 embossed milk bottles (my favorite!). He couldn't locate them yesterday but he'll let me know when he does and I'll make another trip.

All in all it was a fun "dig!"

edndlm

Reaction score
I live in Pike County PA and would be interested in any of the Milford , Pa . , Port Jervis , NY . , especially the Green ( Citron , I presume ) Gumaer blob , bottles . Mike , SlagPileDigger might be interested in the Monticello NY hutch . Ed Nikles

hunting262

Reaction score
There's a lot of NJ stuff there. Was there any Paterson NJ bottles cause we all know who would want them.[;)]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: houseman

Sprattler & Mennel Paterson NJ crown top (couldn't let that one go in the trash!)
You're obviously a man of refined taste!!![;)]

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
When you look at the milks, keep an eye out for Belmar NJ stuff .

Other towns I like are Avon-by-the-sea,bradley beach,asbury park,ocean grove,deal,spring lake,manasquan,sea bright,rumson, or any other monmouth county stuff.

Good luck with the milks[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora