Any Australian poison collectors?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Are there any Australian poison collectors here? I have been checking out Aussie poisons lately, and have developed a liking for the square and rectangular ones with the crosshatch/lattice design. If anyone has any, I would love to see some pics, and would be happy to buy or trade for a few if they are available. Thanks, Jim

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi Jim,

I don't really collect poisons but I do love coloured Aussie chemist bottles many of which are poisons

Here are a couple of photo's for you
First is a cobalt Hallam from Sydney square about 14cm tall, not the best photo.

Us53629.jpg

Attachments

• Us53629.jpg
    Us53629.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 86

IRISH

Reaction score
This is a J. Lacey Melbourne square amber about 4 and a half cm tall. Just bought a big one from this company, I'll take a photo of it over the weekend and post it in this thread.

Jh15463.jpg

Jim

Reaction score
Very nice! Those are exactly what I was thinking of. Your pictures are pretty good in my opinion. Thanks for sharing them. Some types of these bottles were actually made in the U.S. by Whitall-Tatum and exported to Australia and South Africa. Do you know where I might be able to buy a few chemists like these? Thanks again. Jim

IRISH

Reaction score
If I come across any spares I'll let you know, they are a fairly desirable field of collecting here so it can be hard to get good ones, I found both the ones above.

The blue one is a Whitall-Tatum made bottle and the amber is Melbourne Glass Bottle Works made (big M on base).

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, it is greatly appreciated. They are popular bottles, and really tough to find here in the US. If you would find any spares, I would be happy to buy or trade. Good luck digging! Jim

IRISH

Reaction score
This one I'm pretty pleased with [:)] , it's got a chipped lip but that's not hard to fix and this is the first one of these I've seen that was not stuffed (only seen one or two but they where badly cracked).

Embossing reads - J. LACEY / BOURKE ST. / MELBOURNE / POISON, and it's Melbourne Glass Bottle Works made. The photo is real life sized.

Ol31187.jpg

Jim

Reaction score
That is a beauty of a bottle! Excellent picture as well. Thanks for sharing, you have some sweet chemists. Jim

IRISH

Reaction score
Thanks Steve and Jim [:D] , welcome to the forum too Steve.

I'm starting to get a few coloured chemists together now, need a few of the Aussie cobalt pictorials though [:D] (or green, amber, milk glass Etc. Etc.).

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi