Someone please stop this person!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
This is probably the 3rd or 4th time now that people have commented here about this seller.

He is a member here, and is a very charming, kind, intelligent, and honest individual. I've had personal interactions with him a number of times, and a while back he had sent me a can of maple syrup from Quebec, from a friend of his who has a sugaring operation, and it was probably the tastiest syrup I've ever had.

He really is a great guy, and i can't fault him for having his personal property irradiated so he can sell them as value-added antiques to people who like decorating with such things.

He regularly gets crates of "common" bottles cheap from diggers and collectors and I believe he contracts to have them irradiated once he accumulates enough to make it worthwhile. He prefers to get cheap clear blob beers and the like, if I recall. Just shoot him a friendly message and request that he look through his stock for whatever towns or bottles you are looking for and have him set them aside. He is an accomplished dealer/trader and probably goes through a lot of inventory and sees lots of stuff. eBay is not the primary outlet for his wares.

epackage

Reaction score
Plumb I'm sure he's a nice guy but selling an item such as this RARE amber Coke is just a bunch of BS, it's only amber because he nuked it to that color, C'mon Man!![;)]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-amber-colored-Canadian-COCA-COLA-straight-side-soda-bottle-/130789286407?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1e73a62207

I'm aware he let's the bidders know that he nuked it in the description but the title is meant to make it seem like it's actually something it's not... That being said, I don'rt care if he nukes the bottles or not. they are his to do with what he wants...[;)]

Plumbata

Reaction score
From my perspective, the function of an overly descriptive title is to cover one's bases and catch as many different relevant searches as possible, and technically, it is an "amber coke" so it doesn't really bother me. The title is not the description, nor is it contractually binding like the description is. I am quite liberal with my own titles, and only once has someone commented about it. After explaining the motivations behind it, the slight confusion was resolved and I had another 35 bucks in my pocket.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I'll delete this thread for a can of syrup.. [8D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I just sat down to watch "Halloween" 1 and then clicked on ABN at the same time. I made some pop corn to enjoy the show. Now what show will be more entering ? Halloween! or The curse of the Nuke man! [:D]

C9DEC81082624177A98E86D41B1D8073.jpg

Attachments

• C9DEC81082624177A98E86D41B1D8073.jpg
    C9DEC81082624177A98E86D41B1D8073.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 91

epackage

Reaction score
What is that, popcorn for midgets?!?![8D]

I don't mind the guy raking in the dough Plumb, I just hate the word Rare in the title of a bottle that didn't start out as rare...[;)]

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I just hate the word Rare in the title of a bottle that didn't start out as rare

Haha, fair enough man. [:D]

Not as bad as "VINTAGE RARE ANTIQUE Amber Coke" though, eh? [8D]

probe buster

Reaction score
If a "nuker" really wants to be on the level they should permanently mark each of their "creations". You can declare all you want that they are nuked when selling them, but what happens when they change hands down the road at an estate sale, or the new owners dishonestly misrepresent them when resold? Anyone that claims they are honestly nuking and reselling glass has the responsibility to the hobby to prevent future confusion and monetary loss. Most nuked items are fairly evident, but what about the few that get by as authentic? Even seasoned collectors can be fooled and have shelled out the big bucks. If they are marked, chances are much slimmer that there could be problems down the road. Dremel tools or diamond tipped pens are easy to acquire. Simply etch the word "irradiated", "fake" or "altered" on the base.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Not a bad idea at all, but I'd focus on the glassworks that is churning out Civil War era replicas of US hospital department bottles and the like before setting out to regulate irradiated bottles. Guaranteed stuff like that has been at the root of more monetary loss than relatively common newer irradiated amethyst bottles, at least in terms of large individual losses in the realm of hundreds of dollars rather than just a few bucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky