Match striker/dispenser ADV.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

georgeoj

Reaction score
When poking in strange places for crude fruit jars, Sometimes there are big surprises. The fish would hang on the wall with matches in the red part and a striker just above. I have not been able to get information on the theater. There is a penciled date on the reverse of NOV. 1913.
George

3456B797CA1F4638863D4019078EA96C.jpg

Attachments

• 3456B797CA1F4638863D4019078EA96C.jpg
    3456B797CA1F4638863D4019078EA96C.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 76

LC

Reaction score
That is pretty neat , that is the first thing I have ever seen that was given out by a theater . I would not have thought them to hand out complimentary items .

georgeoj

Reaction score
I do not think that the fish was given away. It would have hung on a wall at the theater and the matches that were in it were the complimentary items. It would have been common to have a smoke during an intermission at the theater. This would have been a theater where live entertainment was provided on a stage.
george

LC

Reaction score
Oh , okay George , still a neat item regardless .

timepeeks

Reaction score
Hi georgeoj,
very cool piece. If you want to sell it, I may be interested. email me if you want to sell
jodetta
ORIGINAL: georgeoj

I do not think that the fish was given away. It would have hung on a wall at the theater and the matches that were in it were the complimentary items. It would have been common to have a smoke during an intermission at the theater. This would have been a theater where live entertainment was provided on a stage.
george
george

georgeoj

Reaction score
jodetta,
I do not expect to offer this one for sale. It is not only a very nice item that can be hung on the wall, it is from a city only five miles from here. My one weakness is very crude fruit jars but it would take a very good, very crude jar to have a chance of prying the fish off my wall.
George

Asterx

Reaction score
When poking in strange places for crude fruit jars

Where were you poking around for fruit jars when you found this?

Nice find by the way!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu