hurricane

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ratzilla

Reaction score
We were right under the path of the eye here in the Hill, but far enough inland to avoid the flooding and really serious wind, just some trees down around here, our power never even went out(although most of the towns around us did). It was a lot worse right along the coast, hope all you coastal Jersey guys made out OK, and are just waiting for your internet connections to be restored.

Ratzilla

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, Charlie's fine but his power isn't....could be a while before he's back online[:(]

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
After looking at the pics of the remains of the Pier at Seaside Heights, my wife is asking if any one here knows if the old carousel there made it through the storm. She is a fan of the old wood carousels.

epackage

Reaction score
Well up here in North Jersey we got off EASYYYYYYYYY, except for alot of wind we had less than an inch or two of rain I'd think. My friends to the south were not so lucky, and I'm sure you've all seen the devestation. My aunt and uncle are right on the bay in Manahawkin just west of Long Beach Island, they can't get to there home so they don't even know if it's still there. They tried tonight but the roads are littered with boats, motorcycles, cars, hot tubs and AC units. Three houses that are a 1/2 mile inland from where they are were completely washed away, I told my aunt not to worry because I will build them a new home even better than the old one, I'm just thankful they evacuated along with everyone else. Please pray for all of those souls lost to this storm and for those who are still going to have to deal with the aftermath for many many months to come...Jim[:(]

chimi2003

Reaction score
Hope everyone is safe!!! I may envy your ability to find historic glass everywhere, but I don't envy your wheather. John

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

[:eek:] Havent heard from Jim, Rick, or Erick, hope that they are okay, just busy diggin out so to speak.......my prayers are with all of you......Andy
Doing good here Andy, power just came back, it's the people in south jersey that we need to worry about and pray for...thanks...Jim

deenodean

Reaction score
Been watching it all on the news here..its hard to imagine what it is like to go thru something like that..Our hearts go out to all those affected!!

capsoda

Reaction score
I have been through a lot of hurricanes in my life including being in the wrong spot during a cat 4. Many people don't take the cat 1 storms seriously but big ones can be the worst. They cary more rain and do more flooding damage.

I have been watching the news and I hope everyone left like they were told. Riding them out is what kills. T will be praying that none of our friends get hurt but please check in as soon as you can so we know you ar OK.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Howdy Cap! [:)] I haven't seen you around here in days!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac