Antique bottles at reasonable prices

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

raphaellbdi

Reaction score
I have a drawing of a bottle, custom made. I would like to produce it for my company. Do you know a company able to make it for me ?

I heard about a company called rockwood, but i don't know much about them.
On their website, there is a part dedicated to antique bottles...

You heard about it ?

epackage

Reaction score
I see this is an asian company willing to make molds for any bottles, the hobby just got that much worse, glad I only collect locals...

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: epackage

I get the feeling this is SPAM...[;)]

Noooooooo really? hey make we 20 puce eagles will ya [8D]
Sadly they will Rick, it cost's $3,000 to make a mold and they can crank them out for you apparently...

saratogadriver

Reaction score
From the Rockwood and Hines website:

"Rockwood & Hines revives antique bottles in its nostalgic antique bottle collection available now! Classic design has always been popular among consumers of various age categories and preferences, as classic style is never influenced by neither trends nor fads in the market and remains constant."

Cutting through the tangled Chinese translation, and they are promising to recreate antique bottles for modern applications.

It doesn't look like they actually show any antique repro products on the site. So far, they are showing bottle pics, probably taken from recent auctions.

Heaven help us when they DO start dumping modern repros on the market. As if it isn't messy enough out there now...

Jim G

kungfufighter

Reaction score
If you are unable to distinguish real from repro you should not collect at price points greater than what you are willing to lose.. Just sayin'.

Plumbata

Reaction score
When i am a bit older and more financially stable, i want my own private bottle molds cut for containers that will house my family's special recipe homebrewed ale and mead. I'd love to have hundreds or a few thousand embossed bottles made with my family name on them; to distribute to relatives and good friends.

I can't afford the bottles now, but I regularly deal with Chinese suppliers and believe it or not, the good suppliers are more reliable than domestic suppliers. Cheaper, and their products are superior cost-wise if you know where to look.

They may not be antique bottles, but given the language barrier i will let the error slide. I don't consider this to be utter spam.

Despite the anti-Chinese crap going around, they are good people who are very businesslike, reliable, and they produce good stuff. It isn't their fault that the USA is many billions in debt to China. They just know how to work harder and get the job done cheaper than we in the US can. That's our problem. And I'm making a living off of that disparity. It is what it is. The Chinese work harder than the Americans, and for far less money. Do I like it? NO! But do I like unemployed 400 pound fatasses getting welfare so they can continue stuffing their face with grease-soaked fried garbage? FAR LESS!

Hell, give it 10 or 20 years and my alcohol addiction will be subsidized by the US gov't along with KFC. This crap is getting way stupid.

No natural-born Chinese person I've met has rubbed me the wrong way. They are humble, hard-working, intelligent, and community-minded. They are sensitive, empathetic, communally creative, crafty, and honorable. Show me a majority of such people in any mainstream American community and i will change my ways today.

If not, this 25% Japanese, 25% Czech, and 50% European mutt individual will happily bed with the Chinese and their way of operation. They can make me rich and i can make those I deal with rich. What better relationship is there to have?

Oh, I guess i could vote for obama or romney, but neither would help me personally 1 bit. I'm better off doing my thing and ignoring the fact that the world continues to revolve with me in it's inescapable, silly gravitational grasp.

Don'tcha wish life was all fun and easy...

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'm not going to delete this as spam but I'll leave it for two reasons.
1) It's a warning of what may come, like the Dog River stuff.
2) It's in the correct category.
[:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado