A few new ones

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Any time, JD. You seem to have good luck digging some nice poisons. If you ever get any duplicates and want to trade for something different, please keep me in mind. Thanks. Jim

deepwoods

Reaction score
Jim - Ive dug a few nice green Paine Drugs and was with a pal when he dug the largest size one which I believe is a half gallon. I'll keep you in mind, but now that I've bragged about it, I probobly wont find any for a while. lol

Jim

Reaction score
Much appreciated, JD. The Paine Drug poisons are a sweet bottle. The largest green one known to exist is a 16-oz. This type of bottle (KI-2 irregular hexagon) was also made in a quart size (32 oz.), so there is a possibility for a quart-size Paine to exist. If it does, it would be a new discovery, and would be worth some serious $$$. A quart Bowman's in cobalt sold for over $4500. Any 32-ounce irregular hexagons are RARE! The aqua rectangular Paines are also very hard to find.

The Paine Drug Co. is one of the many names that I need for my collection of irregular hex poisons. They are quite a "Paine" in the a** to find, as are most of the store-embossed examples [:D], so I would be happy to consider any of them. Good luck, and congratulations on finding some sweet bottles! Thanks again. Jim

atticmint

Reaction score
Hey Jim, send me a list of bottles you are looking for and I will keep an eye out for them at work. Pictures are especially helpful since sometimes I may see hundreds of bottles a day.
Things have been slow lately, we have been doing a lot of household waste (like paint and cleaners) but I expect to see some heavy duty chemicals in the next week or two.
Kev

deepwoods

Reaction score
Jim - I guess was a little off on that "half gallon". All I remember really is that it was the biggest poison I'd ever seen. The same guy dug a set of 4 or 5 of the aqua rectangular ones all in different sizes embossed The Paine Drug Co. For External Use I believe. Btw, those aquas arnt considered a poison are they? Or, are they just a good go-with for the Paine poisons?

Jim

Reaction score
Kev- Thanks! I will send you a PM with a detailed list.

JD- The aqua Paine Drug "External Use" bottles are indeed poisons. I personally like the green ones best, but the aqua ones are a good bottle as well. To find five of them would be awesome, they list at $300 each! There is only the 6 1/4" size listed in the book, so the others may very well be new discoveries. Jim

deepwoods

Reaction score
Jim - Well thats a suprise. They dont really look like any other poisons that Ive seen. I sold one to someone recently for a song thinking it was just another nice but common aqua local med. Glad I talked to you. I wont make that mistake again. The guy that dug that set is one of those purist diggers who almost never sells anything. I respect it but he drives me a little nuts sometimes. I need to get back to that dump. Thanks for all the info.

Jim

Reaction score
Yes...they're a surprisingly valuable bottle [;)] The "External Use Only" designation makes them popular with poison collectors. I would definitely go back and hit that dump hard, there could very well be more. I found a sweet spot today and pulled out about $100 worth of good local milk bottles. Can't wait to go back there [:)] Good luck digging more Paines. Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac