A few new ones

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Here are a few new additions to my collection. First is a KI-2 in 2-oz. This is a somewhat scarcer size for this bottle. Next is a rare large English KC-8 in bright emerald green. This is one of the coolest English cylinder poisons I have ever seen. These come in cobalt, aqua, amber and green. They are almost impossible to find, but a four-color set would be really sweet! The last one is a little 2 3/4" KS-9 E.R. Squibb & Sons. Poisons...I love 'em! Jim

Wt59177.jpg

Attachments

• Wt59177.jpg
    Wt59177.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 87

poisons4me

Reaction score
Wow, very nice indeed. the KC-8 is a keeper for sure...congrats,and yes....poisons are cool.

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. New additions are always great, but the more I get, the more I want [:D] That's normal though, right?? Glad to see that you survived those overgrown crawdads, Cap. Those things looked nasty, and I don't think they were very happy with you...maybe they knew what your plans for them were! I'm sure they were tasty! Maybe some year I can get up to a show and meet some of you guys. That would be cool.

Rick, your green beauty should be arriving tomorrow or Monday at the latest. The KC-8 is sweet indeed. I'd love to get the other three colors, but that will NOT be easy! My other English poisons are jealous because they are all $5-$10 bottles that are about as common as English sparrows! I keep them around because I like the colors and they were some of the first poison bottles that I ever bought, back when I was 15. I still have my very first poison, dug it when I was 11! Worth $5 on a good day, but I wouldn't sell it for $500. Thanks again. Jim

madman

Reaction score
hey jim its normal youre ok!! should we be expecting a group shot soon?? nice nice nice mike

Jim

Reaction score
Hey Mike, that's right, we're the normal ones. There are actually some strange weirdos out there who have no interest in beautiful, historic glass and have no idea what things like pontil, tooled lip and ABM even mean....Those people scare me! I have been able to help some of them, though [:D]

Once I get a few more poisons, I can put up some updated group shots. Jim

Jim

Reaction score
Those ones are really weird....Never mind that there could be a skull poison or a $5000 historical flask in there. All they can think about is 150-year-old crap, like it's still going to be there! Those poor folks really need help [&:] Jim

deepwoods

Reaction score
Jim - If you'd be so kind, whats the book value of that Squibb KS-9? I dug a nice 3 1/4 " one a few months back that I couldnt find any on. Thanks.

Jim

Reaction score
J.D.- Your 3 1/4" KS-9 should be worth at least $50. The one I have is a little smaller, I got it for $33 but that was good luck. The book price starts at $75 with the glass stopper included, but they are still desirable without the stopper. Price increases greatly with size, the large 5 1/4" can go for $500. In addition to cobalt, they are also known in amber. Those are rare! Jim

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado