Great PATERSON score...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
I saw a few of the bottles in the online ad and I knew they were Paterson hutches by the angled embossing, and the quart hutches made it a no brainer, getting ready to unwrap them all like a kid at Christmas, there are gonna be some great surprises in the box I'm sure. I just wish I could enjoy it more but I'm still bummed about the aftermath of this storm and my family members who still don't know if their house is still standing or not down at the Jersey Shore....

The original buyer interested naver got back to the seller so I got really lucky, highlights tomorrow if there are any....

7486E4C7F9D44F478EA804D08EE16B40.jpg

Attachments

• 7486E4C7F9D44F478EA804D08EE16B40.jpg
    7486E4C7F9D44F478EA804D08EE16B40.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 70

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I saw a few of the bottles in the online ad and I knew they were Paterson hutches by the angled embossing, and the quart hutches
The original buyer interested naver got back to the seller so I got really lucky, highlights tomorrow if there are any....
You're not lucky.

I once heard a story that is attributed to golfer Gary Player who was approached by a spectator at a tournement after he had just holed a shot out of a green side sand trap / bunker. The spectator commented on how Player was "sure luckey". Player thanked the guy and said: (paraphrased) " Yes, I practice 5 hours a day to be this luckey".

You're not lucky, you work at it and earn every good fortune.

Oldmill

Reaction score
Nice looking group of bottles. Hope all is well down there pictures on tv and oline look horrible really bad down there. I would have gone down there to work with my company to help restore power too you guys, but my wife is due with our second child very soon. Good luck to you and your family and look forward to more details on your bottle score

epackage

Reaction score
Thank You Jim, that means alot to me. I do alot of hard work online and I'm always out there advertising and letting people know I want bottles, I'm also willing to travel to go buy 1 or 1,000. I just unwrapped them and I couldn't be happier, I added 4 NEW quart hutches that I didn't have, and 1 UPGRADE over a current quart I do have. I also added 3 NEW pint hutches and UPGRADED 1 pint hutch, the remaining doubles will go on Ebay and get me my money back plus a profit. I'm happy I called him and went down tonight before someone else got to them and where I would have had to pay a premium for them if they came up on Ebay. Pics coming tomorrow or the next day depending on weather conditions...

2find4me

Reaction score
Great finds, wish I could do that good!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: hunting262

How much were they?
They were very cheap as a group so I'm very happy, the stuff I already have will go on Ebay and I'll actually make a profit selling them along with getting a total of 9 new bottles for my personal collection....[;)]

bostaurus

Reaction score
I wish I could find a score that like that with veterinary bottles. It has been very dry in the vet bottle purchase department lately.
I find it amazing that so many bottles were made for companies in Paterson, NJ. I would understand Baltimore, New York or Philly but Paterson does not seem that big. Of course, I know nothing about Paterson and there is probably a very good reason there are so many.

epackage

Reaction score
This is the reason why Melinda...

In 1791, Alexander Hamilton helped found the Society for the Establishment of Useful Manufactures (SUM), which helped encourage the harnessing of energy from the Great Falls of the Passaic River, to secure economic independence from British manufacturers. Paterson, which was founded by the society, became the Cradle of the Industrial Revolution in America.

The industries developed in Paterson were powered by the 77-foot high Great Falls, and a system of water raceways that harnessed the power of the falls, providing the power for the mills in the area until 1914 and fostering the growth of the city around the mills. The district originally included dozens of mill buildings and other manufacturing structures associated with the textile industry and later, the firearms, silk, and railroad locomotive manufacturing industries. In the latter half of the 19th century, silk production became the dominant industry and formed the basis of Paterson's most prosperous period, earning it the nickname "Silk City." In 1835, Samuel Colt began producing firearms in Paterson, although within a few years he moved his business to Hartford, Connecticut. Later in the 19th century, Paterson was the site of early experiments with submarines by Irish-American inventor John Philip Holland. Two of Holland's early models — one found at the bottom of the Passaic River — are on display in the Paterson Museum, housed in the former Rogers Locomotive and Machine Works near the Passaic Falls.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky