Guessing game to benefit the site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Okay. Hope you like stupid games. (At least I'm honest).

Winner will get a highly sought after icon (of supporter) after their name - as long as the Admins are cool with that. I will donate some cash to the site in the name of the winning guesser. I will also award the winner with at least one bottle - maybe a choice of bottles depending on what that person likes. So, feel free to guess. The site wins and you can win too. There will be no shipping fees for the winner (but they will need to give me a shipping address). I am trying to be spice things up a bit for fun.

Here's some of the rules. One guess per person. If you guess twice, your first guess is your pick. I will end this next Tuesday evening at 6 pm central time. Get your picks in early.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Here's what your guessing;
How many hutches have I found underwater while scuba diving?

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I am including in this count only whole Hutchinson sodas - not broken ones or fragments. I am not including any bottle that I have purchased, traded for, or was given to me (even if a dive buddy handed it over from the spot we dove in together). I am not including any hutch that came from underground or above ground. The number is the total hutchinson sodas that I have found in the lakes and rivers of Wisconsin up until now.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
E, I will let you change your guess after I am done giving hints if you'd like.

Currently, I do not know exactly how many it is. That way, I cannot influence any guesses. I made my own guess (which I will reveal at the end). Because I have always thought that hutches were super cool, I've always kept an accurate count of how many I find. In some ways the count allows me to compare one year to another. However, each year has different dives, different experiences . . . and less glass in the spots that I've already scoured. This keeps me on the hunt for new places and new adventures.

This year (in 2012), I found ten. I have had years with more and years with less. I was dive certified in the fall of 1996. I had never heard of antique bottle collecting before then. I found my first bottles in 1997. So, I have sought to find hutches for the last 16 full diving seasons. Needless to say, winters are long and cold here and I usually hang up my gear - although I also have some cold cold dives in.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Okay. Good luck. I will potentially check in to let you know what people have guessed, or to show some pics of what you can win. Nothing major in terms of prizes (no puce flasks like the one from you know who) but it will be genuine antique bottles that I have found.

epackage

Reaction score
Thanks Bob, 106 is my guess now... Good Luck to all[;)]

marjorie040

Reaction score
I love games!!
(you should have required a donation to the site as an "entry fee" :)
I'll guess 87
Thanks,

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi