tumbling

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

1bottleneck

Reaction score
would anyone be so kind as to take some pictures of the copper used to tumble and the inside of the tube used I don't quite understand the technique. What holds the bottle inside and the chemicals.

Thanks in advance.
Gaty W.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Gaty, If you will check out this thread you will find all the info you need.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/build_my_own_tumbler/m_5467/tm.htm

Old Diggens

Reaction score
Hello 1 Bottleneck,
my tumbler is running right now or I'd send you some photos. My tumbler has 4" and 6" clear cylinders 24" long. The end that holds the bottles base has four 1/2", hard nylon posts that oppose each other at a 60% angle. The end that holds the mouth of the bottle has a hard rubber cone that goes into the mouth. Both of the end are tightened by a large wingnut that compresses something that looks like a smooth rubber tire. These tires have large metal disks on either side that compress the tires against the tubes holding the bottle, water, copper,(1/6" to 1/8" long pellets) and oxides firmly in place. These oxides either grind or polish depending on the oxide used.
If someone dosen't post a photo for you by Wed. I'll post one for you when I shut down this batch of bottles.

Best regards 1 Bottleneck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown