Rollin' out a barrel!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
I may have shown this one before. I got this barrel (in the center) at one of the bottle shows a few years back. I've always been curious about it. I'm not even for sure if it's American but it's a great colored example that's really crude. The top is unusual for a barrel. It's not what you usually see on them, but that's another thing that was interesting to me about it. It could have been a bitters or most likely a whiskey or type of liquor. Has anyone else seen a barrel with a similar style top?

~Tim

100_3578.jpg

100_3582.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
Check the collar under black (?) light for epoxy(?) repair and if it turns out to be glass I say you have a winner. Very Unusual but a few barrels did have LTC as ROBACK'S did so maybe this is just an example where they snapped the blow pipe off too close to the shoulder. Neat, or crude, but Neat!

botlguy

Reaction score
Just another quick comment on another, earlier, thread, the barrel on the Left of the group picture looks pure PUCE to my eye. If it looks the same in person I would use that bottle to DEFINE the color PUCE.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
It's all original Jim. Yeah the one on the left is what I have has been called a strawberry puce but color is so objective these days. Definitely not amber in any way. [:)]

~Tim

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Man i want all 3 of them!!!!!! U make me jealous. Those three are better than my whole collection![8D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I can sympathize with this guy, in a way.. [8D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac