grey food jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diginit

Reaction score
found downhill from 1800's dump.what is this?It has got so many bubbles it's amazing it would hold water.the seam seems to stop halfway up the neck.are these collectable?

Nl30074.jpg

Attachments

• Nl30074.jpg
    Nl30074.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 128

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Diginit, that looks like a bottle I have, except mine is an old Heinz. Is that a ground lip? How about a pic of the base? Back off just a little when you take pics, it's actually easier that way sometimes to determine identity.[:)]

diginit

Reaction score
hello Maine from california,Here's the bottom of the
grey mystery bottle.Is this a pontiel or an abm mark?I've

diginit

Reaction score
I've hit the wrong button. anyways,I have noticed single numbers on alot of glass.does this ever coinside with date?the top is bright with uneven rings,such as a crosscut of a tree.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Just a guess, but looks post 1900, but still pretty early. Is this from the same site you found the marble and other bottles you've shown before?

diginit

Reaction score
Found this about 300 yds. downhill form the site.almost completely buried next to my broken heart and this stopper.It's a long uphill hike about a 30 degree incline.but I'm going back as soon as possible. Found (3) 6x6' holes along the way I've yet to checkout.

Mk26327.jpg

Attachments

• Mk26327.jpg
    Mk26327.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 133

deepwoods

Reaction score
Hi dig - That jar is a 'utility'and or food jar and it looks pretty early judging by the seam and what appears to be a big bottom kickup. If by collectability youre refering to monetary value it probobly dosnt have alot being unembossed and because of the lack of color; if its pontiled its a different ballgame - lets get a good picture of the bottom. BTW- what does that broken cobalt bottle say on it? It looks like youve found a good,old digging
spot there-a bottle probe would be a good thing if you dont have one and that jar is still a cool,old piece even if its not 'valuable'.

diginit

Reaction score
here's the picture of the bottom of what we've been calling simply "the jar". The blue bottle says"waklees camelline"in capitol letters. You're right I need a metal dector and a better way to dig. I've been digging with a bowie Knife with a 6" blade.[:mad:]Tough but rewarding.

Pn36466.jpg

Attachments

• Pn36466.jpg
    Pn36466.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 138

deepwoods

Reaction score
Dig- Well its definatly not pontiled- check out some of the past posts on pontil marks to get a good idea of what they look like. That Waklees is a good bottle- from San Fran I believe;maybe theres some more of them around. The 6 in bowie knife is macho but Id go with a potatoe rake and a shovel;sounds like youre onto a good spot-good luck.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi