Edgemont Dairy University, Va.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jhamner

Reaction score
Another milk bottle question--A quart milk with round slugplate embossed "Edgemont Dairy University, Va." Anyone have any info. on this one? Many thanks! J.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jack,

Welcome to the Blue Pages, and thanks for telling us of what I am assuming is your bottle.

I cannot find a place named "University, VA." There is an Edgemont Road in Charlottesville, and an Edgemont Farm, outside of town. Might that be University of Virginia?

milksculpture-ed01.jpg

jhamner

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply, surfaceone. You are entirely correct about the Edgemont Road. I found out today that it used to be called Edgemont Dairy Road (if my information is correct!) and that was an Edgemont Dairy Farm up that road on a plateau. Evidently the University, Va. refers to the UVa. area where the dairy was located. Thanks, Jack.
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Hey Jack,

Welcome to the Blue Pages, and thanks for telling us of what I am assuming is your bottle.

I cannot find a place named "University, VA." There is an Edgemont Road in Charlottesville, and an Edgemont Farm, outside of town. Might that be University of Virginia?

milksculpture-ed01.jpg

jhamner

Reaction score
P.S.--Here's a photo of the bottle in question:

Attachments

• B3003DB1B28B43DDA0632C4DE1FFD1D1.jpg
    B3003DB1B28B43DDA0632C4DE1FFD1D1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics