todays dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

j.dinets

Reaction score
I have had several clear ones that look like the amber one, and providing there is no hole in the bottom, they have always been parts of floral centerpieces. They are tubes with a flared lip which sit in a coiled wire, or metal holder to hold a small flower, some pieces may contain up to 14 or more of them in one centerpiece. There were also silver and glass ones used in association with a brooch to allow a corsage to be worn with a small amount of water for freshness. If however it does have a small hole, it may very well be part of a syringe missing the glass plunger. I dug a few of those in clear in Charleston, S.C.

SergioWilkins

Reaction score
I would say test tube on the amber piece. Looks like it was designed to maybe fit into a wire rack with that wide lip. Looks like similar quality and colour glass to a couple old syringes I found up this way.
Very cool bottles. I like the Pablo piece!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
New York concern, bought out the New York Fountain Ink Co in the 1880s. Their trademark was a raven and he was on all their labels. Lip chip? $5-$10. No damage? $15-$20.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: deenodean

Excellent finds..I never heard of a Caw's Ink..anyone know the value of it?
Keep diggin'..

Asterx

Reaction score
This is interesting regarding the above auction:

“no condition issues - basically NOS except original CONTENTS have now been replaced with COW DUNG as per new ebay rules, see all photos providedâ€

I wonder if thats just a facade

orleansdigger

Reaction score
It does look like the vial in the auction except for the wider lip.It doesn't have a hole for a needle so i'm thinking a vial for floral arrangements like j. dinet suggested thanks j.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch