These cases need investigating!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
The most recent delivery from my postamn, some cases I need to look into....[;)]

I've always liked these squat early case bottles with and without seals. This one brilliant A1 condition with a "blank" seal...
P1120699.jpg

This one equally as brilliant condition as you could want, sealed with the Star of David etc
P1120697.jpg

This is one of the very NARROW form of these case bottles, this is not distorted, far more rare than the standard sort and the first I've had in this condition...
P1120701.jpg

Unfortunately can't keep any of it!!! Ah well, can enjoy it for a while!...
earlyglass

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
Ha ha! No, not museum pieces on loan, I just mean I can't afford to keep them, but as a dealer at least I can enjoy them and then hopefully also make a little profit afterwards.
Thanks for the kind comments

earlyglass

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Open your doors for 1 day a week for viewing, wallah, your a museum with tax benefits, free to transfer ownership at will.
I think that's how it works here in the states. [:)]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
early glass and the rest of you, I really enjoyed and got a lot out of my study of case gins, regarding the efforts they showed to try and keep up with the demands for containers. They started out with dip molds which are hard to vent for air escape outside the parison in the final blow. They had to free form the shoulders and then apply the applied finish glass. As the governments of the exporting countries got going with the tax levies on the liquid being sold, they forced the bottle makers to control the capacity of the shoulders and caused the industry to add mold top sections to control that capacity.
I would love examine more of them - in this type of detail but I couldn't afford to buy all of them.
I made a similar study on puffs, meds - because of the sunken panels and the difficulty of getting the embossed lettering to blow out to show the lettering properly with out vent holes in each letter.. The studies also got into the SARATOGA Mineral Water bottles, because the demand and problems made the development show changes to meet the demands of their popular products being sold. It was a study that told me when they started venting mold shoulders with a drilled hole, before I read about it in Mrs. Knittle's book where I found the answer to a question that took me over twenty years to get the question answered.
But it has all been fun. RED Matthews

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
although the first two are beautiful examples of glass, the
" narrow " one reflects some of the properties Red was discussing.

absolute glassmaking art. thanks for sharing with us...

jim

sandchip

Reaction score
Great gins! Love that squat with the blank seal.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac