Our First Serious Heart breaker........

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deenodean

Reaction score
ah to bad. indeed a nomination for crier of the year..on the bright side you found something that most have not..enjoy it !!

druggistnut

Reaction score
Why are you referring to that as a transitional hutch? It looks normal, except in your pics, it looks to be a possible Baltimore Loop Seal.

If you get the pitch in the bottles again, buy a bottle of citrus cleaner at the dollar store and pour that in there. It loosens the toughest pitch/tar by the following morning.
Bill

DaddyDaughterDiggers

Reaction score
I confirmed this bottle as a transitional hutch by a listing in the Wisconsin Soda Bottle price guide as well as Mr. Bottles web site in which the exact bottle is posted there under Hutches. The enclosure doesn't have a ring on the inside like a Baltimore loop would have. Thanks for the Tip. I will have to go get some and keep it on hand.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Lona. I think Roger terms bottles 'transitional' that are between what we would label as a hutchinson (with strong heavy shoulders) and those earlier long necked mineral waters. This bottle was made between 1887 & 1889 and has those strong shoulders. I would label this as a quart hutchinson soda. In the end, it doesn't matter that much - because it is a great bottle. But those long necked quart sodas are often called hutchinsons by collectors and really aren't. (For example, they were not designed - nor did they use a hutchinson stopper).

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis