Fish shaker now on dry land

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggerdirect

Reaction score
While on a pick a couple days ago I noticed across the road looked to be an old foundation, we asked the lady if she knew who owned over there and got the go ahead to poke around. After the van was loaded I told my partner while he was finishing up the paperwork I was going to walk over and have a look see. Sure enough an old fieldstone foundation with the cellar part mostly caved in. I jumped down in and moved a few rocks only to find that the water level was high and it looked to be just filled with rocks, so I climbed out and did a quick poke around for a privy, to no avail. As I was heading back across the road I looked back down into the cellar and now that the water had settled I seen a glimmer of white. Jumping back in I seen this little guy swimming around the small pool and 'fished' him out. 3 1/4" high, ground top, four fish on it that look like carp. Pretty cool little thing I've never seen another. Plan to go back if the weather drys out or summer of next year when water table is lower.

fish1.jpg

fish2.jpg

Al

KBbottles

Reaction score
Nice! Looks like victorian era milk glass to me. I found a similar shaker about a month ago. Not fish but a neat floral design. Same ground lip and in a light blue milk glass pattern. Some of them in good condition do fairly well. If you google "victorian milk glass shaker" there is quite a variety of different ones out there. very cool! Love the fish design.

-KB

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp