CZECH PORCELAIN: SELL IT OR KEEP IT?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Last year, I followed up on a lead on some old bottles for sale. I got a couple of bottles, but there were other things for sale that interested me. I got some "occupied Japan" figurines (which I resold immediately). And, I got this fine porcelain table set. I didn't know anything about collectible porcelain at the time, and still don't know the value. Anyone here who can tell me the value of the set?

The pieces appear to be a sugar bowl with lid, a creamer and a condiment bowl with matching saucer. All appear to be made of fine porcelain, thin and translucent - particularly the bowl and saucer. The bowl interior has a pearlescent luster which is not used on the other pieces. All appear to be hand-painted. All have the same logo: "MZ Altroblau CMR CZECHOSLOVAKIA". Two pieces, the saucer and sugar bowl, are signed "I. NIEDOMANSKI".

The saucer is 6 inches in diameter and the matching condiment bowl is 4 1/4 inches.
All of these pieces appear flawless; they probably were never used since all the gilt trim is intact.

I am told that the set is hand-painted and made of fine quality porcelain. During the late 1880s, Moritt Zdekaver, a banker, purchased a large porcelain works. The company went through several reorganizations. In 1909, it was operated as Altrohlau Porcelain Factories. The mark on the pieces indicates they were produced sometime between 1918 to 1939 in Czechoslovakia.

I'd like to know if this is highly collectible porcelain which I could keep for posterity, or if it is just routine stuff I should try to sell on eBay.

-----------------Harry Pristis

Om32091.jpg

Attachments

• Om32091.jpg
    Om32091.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 153

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members