POTTERY PIGS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
I was looking at advertising pottery pigs on ebay when I found one that had a dixie flag on it and was debossed "Confederate war reunion...1898[gave the days forgot them] battle of Lookout Mountain...Chicamagua..[and one more]..a good deal more on the pig as well as a whisky co. on it..MAN IT LOOKED JUST LIKE THE OTHER PIGS I HAVE SEEN!It was debossed on the bottom of the neck "A.L. SHEPHERDSVILLE, KY"

You can find him at ANTHONY L. HAYES "FLOYD'S FORK POTTERY.

Looked up the potter and found out those from this pottery are modern..and the person will make whatever you commission him to do!

IT REALLY FOOLED ME! The dealer had a starting bid of over 300 bucks and noted he could not say if it was made in 1898..so I can't say he was trying to rip anybody off...just thought I would pass this along for those that may see one and won't know the pottery co. is modern...the person is very very good!!JAMIE

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jamie,

Do all the pigs look near sighted like this one?

IMG_0138.jpg

ffp-gallery-0321.jpg
Floyds Fork.

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
I had suspected that something was up with all the pigs on the bay recently. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Hey Jamie,

Do all the pigs look near sighted like this one?

IMG_0138.jpg

ffp-gallery-0321.jpg
Floyds Fork.
They look like pigs of this nature...didn't really notice if they were near sighted or not..that might be fixed with glasses on them..HAR HAR[sorry bout that!]...the thing I was pointing out is the person that sells them puts his name and pottery on them as I wrote above...he is not out to deceive I don't believe or he could leave the info off and he is so good it would fool many...I do believe one person was trying to use one on ebay to fool people.

Another seller that had one for sell that was from the same maker plainly said it was new and from 2012...just put this on so it might help .JAMIE

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi