what was your first question to this site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

splante

Reaction score
after seeing sodapopbobs first question resurrected(bum rootbeer)it got me wondering what mine was. I copied and pasted my first question to this site from 06-25-10..wow have I learned alot since then thanks to all on this site.....CANT believe its been 2 1/2 years already
I didnt want to copy the link thinking if others followed suit it would take up a lot of resources or does it matter. funny after 2 1/2 years still finding them in the river about 75% of my non purchased bottles have come from it anyway here was my first question

newbie has a question

hi brand new at this and have a few questions
recent flooding has uprooted a few bottles along a river bank near me. me and my daughter would walk this trail along the river before and never seen anything, after the flood we walked and found right in plain sight along the river bed two brownie club bottles one excellant and one not so good condition, some old embossed soda bottles one says harry sharp centerdale rhode island, and a eskay baby food bottle and one small unmarked corked flask.
my question is should i start digging up the river bank in the area or did the bottles get washed up from another point,(also found a broken tea kettle (pottery) about 3 feet out in the water.Or should I be digging along the shoreline a few feet out or both any suggestions?

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Sometimes the dump is down stream and the glass washes up on the shore down river,or the dump might be in the river right in front of all the washed up glass. We have it both ways.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
I joined in March 2008 after the demise of the white forum. The moderator had issues and a lot of "members" were accusing him of all sorts of stuff. It's a shame because I lost some good posts.

I found a May 2008 post where I asked if anyone had RI bottles. With all my posts I'm afraid I can't get back to the first one! I'm sure it's in the digging and finding forum though...

splante

Reaction score
i was wondering about that white forum also? If your relativity new a couple years or so you might be able to search by date and see some of your first few post if longer you might not be able too

nhpharm

Reaction score
I think he is referring to the forum that Matty C. ran back in the day.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Yeah, Brandon got it right. I recognize his name because I bought some bottles from him. That forum had no relation to ABN.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu