Old dr Pepper flavor soda's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dr Clone

Reaction score
I've heard of MacFuddy and R-Pep, PepUp and Mr Pep are there any others you guys know about?

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Those are brands that weren't produced by Dr Pepper. They are imitators. Dr Pepper did make Vanilla DP, Cherry DP and a few others.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Welcome to the Blue Pages, Steven,

Did you mean Mr. Pibb?

I see that new bottling concerns have reintroduced Mac Fuddy and R-Pep. Pep Up, I think was bottled by a number of companies and I believe was a "Lithiated Lemon" flavor, in at least one incarnation.

Why do you ask about these brands?

Some other "impostors":

"Some of the imposters had similar names and slogans, such as Dr. Schnee, R-Pep, Pep Up, Dr. Topper, Dr. Tex, Peppo, and of course the most famous knockoff, Mr Pibb." From.

ac83.jpg

"1 MAC FUDDY 61 C MI Clear 10 Green/White Name(M+N)-Scottsman(P)(M)
2 MAC FUDDY E 1 C 1960 MI Clear 10 White/Red/Green "DETROIT"-Nm(M+N)-Man w/Ha" From.

08053578278a11e2b4d31231380ffe27_7.jpg
From.

I have no idea if the Orca Bottling formula bears any resemblance to the original Detroit Mac Fuddy formula.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Clem Bottling was started in March 1907 by Dock Clem with his father J.M. Clem. In May 1914 they built the plant on Main St. The building is still there today with the name Clem on the side, barely visible in the peeling paint. It's a surprisingly small building to have held a bottling works.

The first bottles said "J. M. Clem Bottling Works" and were sealed with wire and an inner seal. To open the bottle the stopper was hit to knock it down inside the bottle. In the early 1920s they converted to the new "modern" bottles and caps, the kind that required a churchkey to open.

Dock's son Harold (also known as "Doc"), joined the business in 1933. Dock died in 1942 and Harold and his mother Jewel continued the operate the business until 1972 when Clem's closed its doors. Harold passed away about four months ago. He was "Good People", the kind of guy you're blessed to know.

I remember going into Clem's as a little girl. It was hot and humid from the bottle washing operation and had an overwhelming smell of strawberry. There was a guy that sat all day inspecting the bottles as they went down the line to be sure they clean after they were washed. There was a tall gizmo on a pole that was part of the capping machine. It was round with holes and it tumbled the caps around and aligned them I suppose. You could see the caps tumbling around through the holes.

The guys that worked there would snatch a bottle off the line before it went to the capping machine and give it to me. I thought that was the neatest thing. Clem Bottling made Clem's Cola, R-Pep, Orange, Strawberry, Root Beer, Cream Soda, Peach, Lemon-Line, Fruit Punch, Pep-Up, Rock & Rye, and Chocolate. Their Strawberry was the best in the world. It was so rich it made you think you should chew it. The Cream Soda was like drinking a silky vanilla milkshake. Man, they don't make 'em like that anymore. A Fourth of July celebration wouldn't be complete without a washtub of icy Clem's sodas.

Even after Clem's closed, the bottling machinery remained in the building for years and the tall capping gizmo was still visible through the front plate glass window. It broke my heart the day I realized it was gone. It was the end of an era." From.

$T2eC16ZHJHwE9n8ii1ELBQjCD2Ic6w~~60_12.JPG
From.

4462963.jpg
From.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp