Long Awaited Website for Mountain Dew

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Anthonicia

Reaction score
Depending on how long you have been lurking here or how good your memory is you may remember me saying I was working on a free price guide/website for named mountain dew hillbilly bottles. The price guide is very slow going but I'm getting there. Really wanted to know if any of you guys have suggestions for me? I'm going to include photos of my own bottles and such, but I am open to any other ideas. Thanks for any help you may bring!

bottleopop

Reaction score
Anthonicia -

That sounds excellent! That will be a great service to collectors!

Maybe you could add glass company name and 'date codes' to the information about your pictured bottles?

Of course ya gotta include a voice file on the website that says: "Yahooo! Mountain Dew!" [:D]

Anthonicia

Reaction score
I will have to look into the date markings. Most of the dates are on the bottom though. There's already a site that does the "Yahoo! Mountain Dew!" thing when you first access the site. All of the sites dedicated to hillbilly dew bottles charge for use of their price guide. I may make some people mad, but they are my price estimates from logging ebay sales over the last 3 years. If I want to make it free then I should be able to do just that.

Was trying hard to finish the list yesterday but only got to the H's. It is 15 pages in Word. Was debating transferring it over to excel. What would be easiest for you guys? Posting a downloadable file or just posting it on the website? Maybe both?

I really want it to be a site where all dew collectors can collaborate on the prices and I'm sure I'm missing some bottles on my list.

Thanks for the feedback though. I'll post the link as soon as I'm finished.

bottleopop

Reaction score
Oops, sorry, I thought the website that had that voice thing was gone. Oh well.

Excel is SO much easier to deal with for a list or especially a table! You and others can then sort by this or that column, print which ones they like, etc.
I don't know about putting photos in excel though. However, you can put web links in excel cells, and each link can link to a photo in your website. That way, you can have a nice photo section, and your table of values and other facts for each bottle will be all together as well.

If you really want to get adventurous with your website and all its information and to encourage others to contribute, use a wiki software. [;)]

Anthonicia

Reaction score
I looked for that site and it is gone. Still though, in respect to him I wanna do my own thing. I dont have the office suite, matter of fact I'm using the trial Word, lol. It can easily be copy/pasted to excel, or I'm 99% sure you can anyways. When I set out to do the price guide I severely underestimated what a monumental task it would be.

I only have about 25 named bottles myself. But, I focus on the historical bottles or one's that have my name or family name. If you have any named one's I'd be happy to post it.

I'm going to put the values in a google doc that allows everyone write access. So, that will fulfill the wiki aspect.

Well, guess I will get some rest and work on the list later tonight.

zecritr

Reaction score
hi Just a newbie here at the moment just wanted to say looking forward to your site [:D]

acls

Reaction score
I was wondering about your website Anthonica. This is probably obvious suggestion but I would post as many pics as possiblle. My favorite part of any bottle website are the pictures of soda bottles. I would post as many pictures as you can. Maybe ask other md collectors that you know to send you pics of their better bottles and go withs to post on your site. I don't have many mountain dews but if you would like some pictures of the 4 to 5 that I own I'd be glad to send you some.

Anthonicia

Reaction score
-ACL's and Morbius- Would gladly accept any named bottles you have. There are about 1,000 of them though. Morb, I know you have some great hillbilly dew bottles and a great site to match. Would really like to focus mostly on the more historical/rare bottles. Like a Party Jug, there aren't enough photos of online I understand what you mean.

Hit a (H)urdle on the H's. Just burnt myself out last weekend. I know that it will be a more accurate depiction of prices when compared to Bridgforth's masterpiece, lol... He has been the (well deserved) golden standard for awhile now. Surprised no one else has published another hillbilly dew price guide. Maybe out of respect to him, and if so then that's cool.

There really is a a lack of bottle price databases online. Guess it is true of most collectibles though, u gotta buy a price guide.

Thanks for the good words guys. Gonna see it through here soon.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
I have several, but not all that many name bottles. I decided long ago to avoid that insanity unless it was a local town or in that nice Mountain Dew font instead of the usual typed. I do have the Pint Hillbilly ND/NR though.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado