Long Awaited Website for Mountain Dew

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Anthonicia

Reaction score
I'm attaching a sample of how my site will look once finished. Named it Hillbilly Hollow and am going with a theme that correlates just that. Would also like antique stills/moonshine accessories to be a part of the site somehow. It's very interesting and I would very much like to collect those items as well. Isn't too far off since Mountain Dew is a glorified slang term for moonshine... Looking for a little edge so people will come back to the site instead of just abusing it as a free price guide resource.

Well, I appreciate the suggestions. Please, if you have anymore I will definitely take it into consideration. After all, I want the site to be run by the masses, not just me having the final say on everything.... But, as I was saying, tell me if you like the design so far. Any colors or logos/pics for front page you think would fit? I'm pretty dead set on using the background, but the title and overall design is up for debate.

Thanks for helping me out. I'm doing it for you guys. This forum has been an invaluable resource over the years for many people. Whenever I had a question I was always politely answered. Never was I flamed or told to gtfo because I'm a noob. So, thanks for being an inviting bunch, (well, for the most part anyways, lol).

C1DC8311791940AAB61A77C46C5C1B2D.jpg

Attachments

• C1DC8311791940AAB61A77C46C5C1B2D.jpg
    C1DC8311791940AAB61A77C46C5C1B2D.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 72

Anthonicia

Reaction score
The antique stills aren't illegal, well I've seen them in restaurants and ebay allows them to be sold, bought, etc. Could be wrong, but the process of making alcohol isnt illegal, it's the taxes not being paid the government cares about. Now I know you need special permits and bonds to make whiskey. Kind of like poppy seeds being in grocery stores, but the actual plant being illegal to cultivate (and yes they are those kind of poppy seeds).

If it is one of those gray laws then I'm not too concerned. Part of my heritage comes from the Kentucky mountains where they made moonshine to survive. It's a part of American history as well and that's what interests me. I'm not going to take an old still and make whiskey in it.

I understand where you are coming from morb. Virginia has a deep connection to moonshine and I'm sure you know your share about those things. Maybe laws in certain states vary, I'm not sure. Could be you have to disable them, i.e. a hatchet through the pot?

Anthonicia

Reaction score
Meth is horrible. It hasn't hit my part of the country too awful bad, but when I was living out in Cali, wow is all i can say. Making whiskey is illegal unless you pay taxes, but brewing your own beer or wine is perfectly fine. It stands as a memorial defiance to the Whiskey Rebellion of 1791. A rebellion against paying unfair taxes against a new US government that was financially bankrupt from fighting and winning a rebellion against tyranny and unfair taxes...

I wonder if George Washington paid taxes on the rye whiskey he made at Mount Vernon? The same for Jefferson at Monticello? Sure Obama doesn't pay taxes on all the jenkum he doles out to the american people.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown