Bottle dreams?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
You know you got it bad when you start dreaming about digging nice bottles lol. How many of you dream about finding your "dream" bottle or a killer dump? Last night I had a pretty funny one. Some kid was digging along my road where there was clearly never any dumping. Of course in my dream it was packed with bottles. I was thinking this was pretty sweet, a dump right near my house! I was pulling out all sorts of pontiled bottles I'm sure don't exist due to the weird shapes or names (ie Spock's Emotional Purgative). I particularly remember a crude J.H Cutter fifth which has no business in RI lol.

Anyone else want to confess dreaming of those fascinating glass containers?

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I may be young but yes I have had my fair share of those. One of my dreams was in the town my dad grew up in and there is a dump. Well my dream was I went back in time and helped him dig it and as we were digging a couple kids came down and asked if we found anything. We said yeah a bunch of old bottles. But we found an awesome bottle so they asked what it was. Well anyway we show it to them and the one kids grabs it and smashes the crap out of it. And then I woke up after that and thought man wait till I see that kid then remembered oh yeah it was a dream then fell back asleep. I have had others just about digging and finding that diamond in the rough bottle in some run down antique store but that is about it.[8|]

glass man

Reaction score
I have had many of them..but they are frustrating cause I never recognize the bottles I am finding...guess that might me good though finding 100's of one of a kind bottles! They are always in great colors and I am finding most right off the top of the ground!!JAMIE

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: glass man

I have had many of them..but they are frustrating cause I never recognize the bottles I am finding...guess that might me good though finding 100's of one of a kind bottles! They are always in great colors and I am finding most right off the top of the ground!!JAMIE
Do you ever awake and look them up? I've done that. [:D]

sandchip

Reaction score
Yeah, I've dreamed of finding bottles and arrowheads. Hell waking up though.

ScottBSA

Reaction score
I dream about finding bottles several times a year. Usually it's right after I have cleaned my collection or done some research. I agree, they are usually colored pontiled jobs, intact and clean and not hazy and oxidized right from the ground. Dream on!

digger dun

Reaction score
Eastern Long Island, metro NYC, Hudson valley NY
when I was a kid collecting bottle caps, I would dream of finding handfulls of colorful caps till my pockets were bursting. As a teenager obsessed with licence plates I would dream of finding all manner of exotic colorful plates embossed with foreign characters. Now as an adult I often dream of the dig. I think it is just a symptom of the wonderful malady we all suffer from, and would question the motives of a digger who didn't dream of the hunt.

Headhunter2

Reaction score
Over the holidays, I was partaking in some liquid spirits and all my Hobbleskirts seem to get fat and I thought I had several Prototypes. Does this classify as a dream?

grizz44

Reaction score
I found a dump once but couldn't dig it because the ground was frozen solid. I managed to pull up some of the frozen leaves and could see about a dozen amber whiskey fifths just barely sticking out of the frozen dirt. By spring I had dreamed of finding every glop top western fifth known to man. In the end they all turned out to be "Federal Law" whiskeys. About 40 years too late, but man them was some good dreams.

Chuck

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I have dreams about finding bottles and other treasures all the time.. I wish I could type up a coherent description of such a dream, but the trouble is during the dream, things I find morph and change into other things.. so do the places I'm finding stuff and the people I might be interacting with in the dream.. it's all quite amusing though, I must admit.. [:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp