Hurd Tool

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: 2find4me

Thanks for the info!!!! The blade appears to be bent or offset. Has anyone heard of this brand of tool & how old or how much its worth?
Yeah go to google and type in Hurd axe company, you will find that it was a subsidiary of the American axe co and the Johnsonville axe co. all the info you would ever want to know, including stampings on the blades and advertising pieces......pretty cool

ironmountain

Reaction score
Im digging these antique tool threads on here...
Nice axe!

I'm a sucker for handheld woodworking tools. adz,axes,hatches,draw knives etc...

If you have a ReStore near you (Habitat For Humanity resale store) you can get old hand tools for dirt cheap. huge bastard files, clamps, planes for a couple bucks each..heck..got my 2box fisher tw5 metal detector for 20bucks...those run about 700new...

LC

Reaction score
For some reason a good many years ago I thought I had to have those old hand saws , the ones with the heart shaped looking shape cut out in the handles where your fingers wrap around inside it . If they were four or five bucks I would buy them , bring them home and hang them on a rod over top the ceiling joices in the garage . They are still out there , probably forty or fifty of them just wasting space . Different name brands , no Winchesters though lol .

2find4me

Reaction score
I will be listing this axe & a bunch of other antique tools on ebay if anyone is interested.

2find4me

Reaction score
Just put this & some other antique tools on ebay, be sure to check it out! http://www.ebay.com/itm/181073157981?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky