Mother load of bottles coming my way...what next?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

leadnbrass

Reaction score
Hey everyone-

Just got the chance to get a ton of bottles along with many other things...tins, crocks etc.

Its coming from a barn and its filled...

Heres just a quarter load we picked up...so much we had to rent a storage unit...I would say that there is at least this X 20 left on location.

I actually used to dig bottles with my father when I was a kid and always loved it but life happened and I haven't done it in at leat 30 years.

Now that I have the chance to basically get all I need from this place I was wondering how you would tackle such a job?

I would say 50% are canning jars and the rest are food and beverage, medicine etc.

Also tons of lids.

Kind of overwhelmed and really dont know how to approach it.

Just a quick shot of just a few of the jars:

photo_zpsb389592e.jpg
[/IMG]

epackage

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be impressive, do you plan on selling them or keeping them? I look forward to the rest of the pics... Welcome to the forum...Jim

leadnbrass

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Jim,

I would surely keep a few but the haul is truly going to be large. With tons of things...automotive...tins..jars...bottles...doors...windows...farm items...tools.

I enjoy many things but in no way will I be able to keep much of it. My interests are vast and I like a bit of everything as long as its old.

Not really sure whats going to happen.

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Leadnbrass, Im not a jar collector but I would recommend posting this in the Jars General discussion section to see what interest might be there. Good pictures are always helpful. I hope you have some great ones in the motherload. Kevin

botlguy

Reaction score
That will be fun, fun, fun if you view it that way. I've done similar things and always made out financially. I'd say continue doing what you are doing, get them in a safe place, take your time, research everything and sell as high as possible. Most important, HAVE FUN.

deenodean

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. That's fun what u r doing there. Yes, just repeating other members comments, give those jars a little wash and post them in the JAR section.

beendiggin

Reaction score
There could be some money makers, and there could easily be 99% junk. The crates alone are usually good for a ten, twenty or more. If you let us know where you are located one of us would probably be willing to help you sort out the junk from the rest. You throw the junk in the trash and then you start cleaning the good stuff. Why clean 100's of bottles that should just be thrown out?

That would be my advice if you are not aware of what is valuable and what isn't.

Unless you have a whole lot of extra time on your hands. A whole lot.

Stardust

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Hope you will show us what u have there. I hate to
see anything thrown away. : )
Hope you find some good ones on there!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member