The well was'nt a well....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

riverdiver

Reaction score
Hey DD, great post and I agree with coldwater and adshepard, you need a dry suit. Send me a pm with your address and I will ship you a neoprene divers drysuit, the neck seal leaks so it is no good for diving anymore but it is 3/4" of neoprene with built in size 10 boots. It takes up space in my dive locker and you will be toasty warm and very bouyant, you can e3ven throw on a pair of coveralls over it and trash them instead of the suit. Nothing worse than puncturing your drysuit in cold water. This is no joke and an honest offer for you to continue this amazing haul and be warm and safe!

Dumpdiver

Reaction score
Wow, I really appreciate the offer and the concern from everybody. The chestwaders are doing the trick for now but when I'm done with this they're going to a hazmat drop off. Remember the frogs... (silent moment, r.i.p.). Anyway, Tommorow I'm going to check out another one on the site hopefully thats wwhere the pontiles are hideing. I found this place MD'n and found there large cents from the 1820s/30s. We've had some fun but theres some real glass around here someplace. Dig On.. DD

zecritr

Reaction score
Still Amazed and enjoying the show :)Hope you find them pontils :) Best of Luck and Diving :)

NHkeith

Reaction score
I have been reading this post on and off for the last couple weeks. very cool!!

Dumpdiver

Reaction score
I was hoping to get back tere both days this weekend but todays ride didn't work out. Tomorrow my brother wil drop me off for a couple of hours while he goes to town to do laundry. I thought I lost this one from the cold and didn't look at it again till yesterday when i was cleaning more up. When I saw that big straw mark it looked like it "popped"so I set it aside till now. Looks like a hinge mold but haven't had any luck finding out anything more. When I washed up that amber Fraser I remembered the stopper in the kitchen window and it fit. Its a nice day today and I'm stuck without my truck. Happy Diggs... DD

Attachments

• 8d0bec718b094d81944467d572ea816e.jpg
    8d0bec718b094d81944467d572ea816e.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 4bafd2af3f4e42f89e2d34d563190a1a.jpg
    4bafd2af3f4e42f89e2d34d563190a1a.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 103
  • c5d9b7f9934f417d85893823b279e29f.jpg
    c5d9b7f9934f417d85893823b279e29f.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 93

IanDanaWaterville

Reaction score
Hey DD I see the weather is gonna get nice out your way this up coming weekend. Any plans on heading back over? It made me sad when the pictures stopped coming. Hope you're well

Digswithstick

Reaction score
The first picture of underground space reminds me of Kansas tornado shelter except the opening.
Possibly reason more of these have not been found is they caved in ,were filled in ,or not many constructed .
Great find ,stuff dreams are made of !
I would keep area clean and covered to prevent claim jumpers(maybe not a concern).
Thanks for posting ,hope you keep finding great stuff !:)

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Re: RE: The well was'nt a well....

looks like it was an ice house. Used to cool foods in the hot months. I've seen a few dug in VA.

Dumpdiver

Reaction score
Re: RE: The well was'nt a well....

Thanks again. The one I'm in i found the lead pipe that would have lead to a hand pump. At another one near by I md' the lead pipe that came up inside a foundation so they were living the dream with"indoor" plumbing. Useing the detector Ifound two other ones by finding where the down spout went in. I live in an area where two major canal interscted so there was no lack of stone masons or cheap labor. The Black River Canal which was a huge undertaking runs though my back yard was for the most part built by Irish imigraints that only made 17.50 per three months of labor so a couple good side jobs could pull you a years wages. The changes in the water coures from the canals around here caused alot of people to abandon their homes and leave all the old "junk"behind. Unfortunaly, It's some familys memories that are lost in time. We appreciate the glass, I just wonder sometmes where it came from. Anyway it's warming up and still could use a hand before it thawes out up here and the water table rises and drags this out for another year year before we get into the next two. Happy Digs, DD

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi