Real or Fake?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

offishn

Reaction score
I have been doing research here and on line and am confused. Can someone help me determine if this is real or a fake/reproduction.

On the front it says GEN TAYLOR NEVER SURRENDERS and over that it says DYOTTVILLE GLASS WORKS PHILADA, on the back it says THE FATHER OF THIS COUNTRY

Color is Aqua. Bluish/green? There are no other markings on the bottom, or any where for that matter.

There are a couple of air bubbles in the glass in a couple different places.

Thanks for your help.

494F8B31A3AD40D087F1A4DCC0484CBA.jpg

Attachments

• 494F8B31A3AD40D087F1A4DCC0484CBA.jpg
    494F8B31A3AD40D087F1A4DCC0484CBA.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 132

epackage

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, here's your answer....Jim[;)]

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/The-Clevenger-made-GI-37%2C-good-fake%2C-BUT-NOT-GOOD-ENOUGH%25/m-356634/tm.htm

offishn

Reaction score
Thanks Jim.

That was much faster than the 2+ days I have been doing research.

I have been bitten by the bottle bug for some unknown reason. I found a few in the woods over the years and for some reason I now am looking for them.

I need to determine a focus area one of these days. But in the mean time I am trying to educate myself on all types, terminology, and how there made or what set them apart from one another.

Any links on this site you know of that can help a newbie.

Thanks again Rob

epackage

Reaction score
People sure do collect the repro's, especially if funds are tight because many of the original flasks can get pricey. This forum is a great resource to learn about bottles and I highly recommend this site fopr a great overview of all things bottle related, including the terminology and tons of photos to help you along the way...

http://www.sha.org/bottle/dating.htm

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Learning the difference in the neck and lips of the authentic and reproductions will get you more than ¾ way there. The rest is fine detail and that can be tricky.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora