Allow me to be a girl for a second..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AMChandler

Reaction score
Cleaning out bottles tonight, my really good Vess soda was full of roly polys!! And a little food coloring (maybe?) bottle had a spider!! Ugh. I've got the creeps so hard right now, and pretty sure there's a spider on me!!
Ok. Carry on.

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
hahaha, I am a girl and that made me giggle. I am a single mom so I have to be all tough and kill the spiders for the kids, then I check myself every few seconds b/c it feels like they are climbing on me! =)

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: frozenmonkeyface

hahaha, I am a girl and that made me giggle. I am a single mom so I have to be all tough and kill the spiders for the kids, then I check myself every few seconds b/c it feels like they are climbing on me! =)

It is bad luck to kill spiders.At least thats what my grand mom used to tell me. So I never do it. Why take a chance when your a bottle digger [:D]

bostaurus

Reaction score
In my house, when hubby is gone, it is my job to kill the spiders and catch the snakes. What I do not like are the big, flying wood roaches, yuk! Fortunately we do not get them in the house.

Dugout

Reaction score
This is Sparkle. He lived up in my skylight for a summer and fall. We would throw flys up to him and watch him eat them. I never saw him come down. Then one day when it started to get into later fall he just disappeared. Spiders are fun to watch.

5ABEB6BC4DC54728AF60100ADCAF7DF5.jpg

Attachments

• 5ABEB6BC4DC54728AF60100ADCAF7DF5.jpg
    5ABEB6BC4DC54728AF60100ADCAF7DF5.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 61

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
I remember buying a bunch of bottles in a barn that had mummified mice in them. They were not fun to clean. Another time I was digging a cistern and ran into a family of snakes. Fortunately they were the small harmless kind.

When I find bottles in marshes and rivers I often find eels or crabs in them. The first time I didn't check and ended up with three crabs in my bucket. They survived three days before I could make it back to release them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94