no picture yet

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
My step dad is an excavator and came across a bottle (THAT HE LEFT ON THE JOB SITE [:mad:]) today. He was trying to explain it to me but all I could gather from him was it was maybe a blob top with the company name
HOUPTERT OR HOUPERT embossed on it with BIRMINGHAM, AL on it. He said he stored it in a safe place.... and he will bring it to me tomorrow but I was wondering if you guys have ever even heard if such a company or if this is shooting in the dark?

He said its "a big ole' bottle" so again, I don't know what that means in his terms but I am assuming it is larger than a beer bottle. I will post pictures as soon as I get my grubby little hands on it!

He described it as a blob top type bottle. IDK guys but I am pretty psyched to see it!

LMK if you have any ideas!

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
Its quite possible he is misreading or misinterpreting the embossing. I have done it before. Some is hard to read. I guess I will have to see tomorrow.... I am just antsy. SIGH!

epackage

Reaction score
I don't see any on sodasandbeers that begin with an H from Alabama, but that doesn't mean there aren't any, isn't the anticipation great!?!?!?[;)]

http://www.sodasandbeers.com/SABFindBottleByFirm.aspx?Firm_Name=&Search_Name=Search_Start&City=&Area=&County=&Region=&State=AL&Country=&Start_Year=&End_Year=&Get_Firms=Find+Firms

epackage

Reaction score
It would be nice if it's a Blount Springs...

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
It is!!!! BUUUUUUT I am not good at the waiting game! haha! I am the kind of person that likes to give gifts on Christmas eve because I can't wait until the actual day! haha! S.I.G.H! Oh, well. I can't do anything BUT wait.... UGH! Thanks for the help anyway, I will update! It makes me wanna drive to B'ham and get the darn bottle myself! [:D]

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
I can't find any that are even remotely spelled the same...... we will see I guess.... Its either going to be really awesome or a big disappointment. Either way, I am good with it. haha. =)

epackage

Reaction score
There's a Horton Bottling Works out of Chavies...

epackage

Reaction score
Now you just have to hope it's still there in the morning...lol[8D]

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
Horton Bottling Works out of Chavies

When I searched that I found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Soda-Bottle-1800s-Horton-Richardson-Soda-Bottle-/150998743268?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232839f8e4

This is how he explained it looks. He said there was a & symbol on it! I wonder if its the same company but they may have had a Birmingham branch? It has the same wording on the back as he described also. I am sure there could be many many that it could be but I bet that's the right track! Thanks a lot Epackage! =)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown