Ginger ale label from rare pepsi cola bottler

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Hey guys I wanted to share this ginger ale label that I found here in Roanoke, VA. The label reads, In the Manufacture Of Cascade Ginger Ale The Most Scientific Skill Is Employed By Which Quality And Flavor Can Be Assured Cascade Ginger Ale Bottled By Roanoke Bottling And Cider Co. Roanoke, VA. I believe this label would have been found on the slug plate version found without Pepsi Cola in script. I do not collect soda bottles but I have owned two of the Pepsi bottles from this bottler and they are tough to find. The slug plate version without Pepsi Cola found on it is getting harder to find as well and I have never seen one with a label on it. Like I said before it is not my field of collecting, and there may be a lot of these out there but I figured you Pepsi Cola and soda pop collectors might be interested in this little piece of history.

F0875E8E315E4F21A00108EDC8E6576A.jpg

Attachments

• F0875E8E315E4F21A00108EDC8E6576A.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 245

epackage

Reaction score
I see these style labels on alot of round bottom bottles and hutches...

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Thanks epackage. I just thought the Pepsi bottle being so rare from this bottler that the label would be a hard one to find. Like I said sodas are not what I collect so I just thought the Pepsi collectors would like to see what would have went on the bottles.

celerycola

Reaction score
It is rare to find one with the local bottler name on it. I have a few without the bottler name.
ORIGINAL: atticfinds

Hey guys I wanted to share this ginger ale label that I found here in Roanoke, VA. The label reads, In the Manufacture Of Cascade Ginger Ale The Most Scientific Skill Is Employed By Which Quality And Flavor Can Be Assured Cascade Ginger Ale Bottled By Roanoke Bottling And Cider Co. Roanoke, VA. I believe this label would have been found on the slug plate version found without Pepsi Cola in script. I do not collect soda bottles but I have owned two of the Pepsi bottles from this bottler and they are tough to find. The slug plate version without Pepsi Cola found on it is getting harder to find as well and I have never seen one with a label on it. Like I said before it is not my field of collecting, and there may be a lot of these out there but I figured you Pepsi Cola and soda pop collectors might be interested in this little piece of history.

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Thanks for your response celerycola, by the way my father has a 1922 Celery Cola calendar from Danville, VA. I will not be able to get any pics until Tuesday, I have to work all weekend.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: atticfinds

Yes, I've never seen a Cascade diamond label with the company name on it, let alone one from Roanoke, VA. That is a great find Attic. I wonder if they kept the franchise into the 1920's and early 1930's, because there are the regular green Cascade Pale Dry bottles we dug in a Bristol, Tennessee cistern which were embossed Roanoke, VA as well. It is possible that they let it go and someone else picked it up.

I tend to pick up items from Roanoke which catch my fancy. A recent find was this Lemon Kola coupon. Thought you might like it.

8559E0A569AD48388BB1EB020F7DFB51.jpg

Attachments

• 8559E0A569AD48388BB1EB020F7DFB51.jpg
    8559E0A569AD48388BB1EB020F7DFB51.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 222

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Here are a few bottler stocks from there. Have you ever seen a Lemon Kola or 3-C Nectar bottle label?

19B80B52455347EB806D2DA76E7BB05E.jpg

Lemon-Kola Sales Agency, two Virginia Beverage Corporation (makers of King Cola and Dixie Flip), and the Dixie Flip Syrup Corporation (offshoot from VBC).

Attachments

• 19B80B52455347EB806D2DA76E7BB05E.jpg
    19B80B52455347EB806D2DA76E7BB05E.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 225

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Thanks for showing the Roanoke items Morbious_food your bottle is worth more than what the book says the last one sold on ebay had damage and it brought more than book value. The cider company with Pepsi cola found on it in beautiful condition that I sold many years back did not bring book value. Richard Flint even turned one down for a lot less than book value. Richard helped write the first book and he is no longer with us. RIP Richard!!! Your lemon cola coupon is really cool and is something I have not seen before. I do believe I have seen the labels before. 3C nectar I have not. I have to admit when it comes to Roanoke stuff I have always collected the pre pro distillery and brewery items. My father knows a lot more about the soda pop stuff than I do. The label I found I knew was tough to come by because of the Roanoke Bottling and Cider Co name on it more than the Cascade Ginger Ale. I live in Roanoke and there are certain names on things that you know is hard to find and Cider Co. is one. I see you live in Virginia Morbious did you go to an auction in Roanoke about ten years ago that had a ton of Roanoke paper, signs, and bottles. Sorry to cut short but I have to work tonight. Try to get a picture of Celery Cola calendar Tuesday! Morbious I love the Roanoke stuff and I always love to see what you have. Will you be at Harrisonburg in April?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora