Ginger ale label from rare pepsi cola bottler

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
From Georgia. Have also seen this brand from N.C..

265E26971EF14D76B7189A0AE3475387.jpg

Attachments

• 265E26971EF14D76B7189A0AE3475387.jpg
    265E26971EF14D76B7189A0AE3475387.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 189

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Nice acls Osia thanks for posting! Morbious I would like to see a picture of your Cascade ginger ale bottles from Roanoke if you still have them. I do not recall ever running across them. A lot of times I have to see them to remember them. My father just bought 36 cases of soda pop bottles so things kind of run together especially when I don't collect them. Roanoke is very rich in history when it comes to sodas, whiskies, breweries, and dairies. Morbious do you have any Virginia Brewing Company items I love anything from that brewery. That was my first bottle I ever collected it was root beer amber Baltimore loop with the embossed wing logo.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
I don't have anything from that brewery except for one of the common straight side bottles I bought when I first started. The ones with the information running vertical up the side. I do have a Frankies Pale Dry Ginger Ale I picked up recently handy. I'd never seen one before and had to pick it up.

A2D7B0C995974F57BDD64BBCF96CBBE8.jpg

Attachments

• A2D7B0C995974F57BDD64BBCF96CBBE8.jpg
    A2D7B0C995974F57BDD64BBCF96CBBE8.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 204

morbious_fod

Reaction score
http://tazewell-orange.blogspot.com/2011/03/bottles-from-roanoke-va.html

Here are some of my Roanoke bottles. It doesn't include the 12oz Pepsi Fountain Syrup, or the Cascade. But I just took pictures of the Cascade, and am editing now.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Alright here is the Roanoke Cascade circa 1930, and dug in Bristol, Tn. There was a Cascade Ginger Ale franchise bottler just about half a mile from where this was dug.

74052A52311F4C80BA8C832A4C9C1D83.jpg

Attachments

• 74052A52311F4C80BA8C832A4C9C1D83.jpg
    74052A52311F4C80BA8C832A4C9C1D83.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 200

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: atticfinds

Thanks for showing the Roanoke items Morbious_food your bottle is worth more than what the book says the last one sold on ebay had damage and it brought more than book value. The cider company with Pepsi cola found on it in beautiful condition that I sold many years back did not bring book value. Richard Flint even turned one down for a lot less than book value. Richard helped write the first book and he is no longer with us. RIP Richard!!! Your lemon cola coupon is really cool and is something I have not seen before. I do believe I have seen the labels before. 3C nectar I have not. I have to admit when it comes to Roanoke stuff I have always collected the pre pro distillery and brewery items. My father knows a lot more about the soda pop stuff than I do. The label I found I knew was tough to come by because of the Roanoke Bottling and Cider Co name on it more than the Cascade Ginger Ale. I live in Roanoke and there are certain names on things that you know is hard to find and Cider Co. is one. I see you live in Virginia Morbious did you go to an auction in Roanoke about ten years ago that had a ton of Roanoke paper, signs, and bottles. Sorry to cut short but I have to work tonight. Try to get a picture of Celery Cola calendar Tuesday! Morbious I love the Roanoke stuff and I always love to see what you have. Will you be at Harrisonburg in April?

I live in Abingdon, VA actually and grew up in the Coalfields of Virginia, and that is where most of my research and collecting is based around. I have only been collecting since around 2007, so no I didn't get a chance at that auction. Harrisonburg, I stopped in there on the way to Jersey twice, but haven't gone to that show yet. Not sure there would be much from my area there, and it is a three to four hour drive for me one way. I may try to make it this year; however, the other problem is that it is way too close to the Grey Tn. show for me, which is a show I know I'm gonna find local bottles at.

I do tend to take a trip to Roanoke every couple of months, paper memories is one of my must stop in vintage paper shops, and then there's Salem, VA.

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Hey morbious I like your Roanoke King Cola tray. I had one from 1906 that was from Salem, VA. I know the guys who own paper memories they are friends of mine. I have sold them tons of stuff over the years they have some really nice bottles and acid etched shot glasses from time to time. I will look through my boxes at my dads house and see if I have any soda bottles you might like. I think I have a hard to find King Cola you may like from Lynchburg I believe. The last time I dug through my crown tops I found a couple different things I did not know I even had. I will definitely keep in touch. I will send you a PM when I get some things together. I like pontiled utility bottles so if you have anything of that type I would be interested in trading. I also collect VA mineral water bottles with my dad. If I post something that is soda pop related and your interested in it we can try to work out a deal.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Unfortunately that tray isn't mine, I wish it was, but it's not. I'm not a huge King Cola collector. I tend to be more serious about Lemon Kola and 3-C Nectar. Spring water bottles sounds like an interesting hobby. I did own a 12oz Wyrick Spring bottle once but traded it a couple of years ago. I collect paper and bottle caps as well.

lbgbottler

Reaction score
Roanoke Botling & Cider Co. Bottle

I would be interested in buying one of these bottles if you know of any available. Thanks.

8F7B40C721FD4E40BA45CDDD22AEB97A.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi