Malta torpedo bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

skif

Reaction score
BeachComber,

Thanks a lot for info. We call these bottles "cucumbers" here and it is common Crimean War find. The rarity and value is necessary just to have a general idea how to divide the finds with the buddy [:D]

Mr_Vintage

Reaction score
The Malta Beer bottle. It is interesting that this bottle also has UK cities on it!

AC57EFE3064844BEA823CD5A165F031D.jpg

Hi Skif,

There are definitely a lot of Maltese bottles out there. There is a small bottle museum located near Nice in the South of France (a small place called Menton) where they have many Maltese Codds, torpedos and other bottles like yours on display. They found them while rebuilding a Port in Nice. I imagine ships from Malta to Nice threw their trash overboard.

I am from Bermuda and have also found several Malta bottles here such as the Atkinson's Malta torpedo bottle and a few beer bottles from Malta (see pictures). Like Trog says, not much value but still very cool! I think the Maltese bottle market is low at the moment! I could be wrong though!!!!

E51DF02E1FCD430F9A3F85BF0ABEA12E.jpg

Hi there I am a bottle collector from Malta, this torpedo looks beautiful. :) I dont have this. Would you be interested in selling this? thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch