Possible Ebay Scammer: Alert & Info Wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

As a warning, I'd like to advise those good people who belong to the ABN community of what's happened to me on Ebay. Over a month ago, I bought a lot of bottle collecting magazines listed on Ebay. I paid almost instantly the $66.00 total (including shipping). Despite my repeated requests for status updates and tracking info (Canada Post will, as a customer service, use USPS tracking numbers once a package crosses the border), the seller never responded. A few days ago, I initiated a formal Ebay/PayPal case against the seller, who still didn't respond. Yesterday, I jumped the case up a level to a payment claim. The seller finally responded this time by unregistering his Ebay account. Yes, I know I've been rooked. It happens, but PayPal may refund me the dough. All the same, I want the ABN community to know who the seller is, so members can be forewarned:

Seller's (former) Ebay handle: vossm712012
Seller's personal name: Michael (aka Mike) Voss
Seller's personal email: vossm71@yahoo.com
Seller's location: United States (don't have anymore specific details)

I don't know if Michael/Mike Voss is a bottle collector or not, but he's burned me, so, if you have dealings with him, please keep this in mind. If you know more about him, could you please share details? Thanks. Maybe shaming him might do the trick. And, no, I'm not interested in going beyond shaming him.

Thanks again,
Glen

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
He's "no longer a registered user" so my guess is you weren't alone.
When the next incarnation happens, I hope it get's found sooner.
Of coarse he may have been hijacked also.

epackage

Reaction score
Alot of great feedback thru 2013, something had to happen....

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Agreed, Jim, but his response to my escalating the claim was to de-register from Ebay altogether, which, to my mind, indicates a certain intention on his part.

hannahevan

Reaction score
I bought 3 bottles from him early last year with no issues,bummer something must've happened.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Did he deregister or did eBay shut him down? I've had a few situations where a seller had an accident or ended up in the hospital, couldn't/didn't ship items, got several complaints lodged in eBay, and was shut down by eBay through really no fault of their own.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mctaggart67

Agreed, Jim, but his response to my escalating the claim was to de-register from Ebay altogether, which, to my mind, indicates a certain intention on his part.
I understand how you feel. but did he do all that good selling and shipping for a year to scam you out of $50 and then go on the lam, was that his end play??? I'm not defending him I'm just saying it seems like something must have happened on his end...

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Jim, I see your point, and I certainly don't feel that my sixty some odd bucks convinced the seller to make a mad dash into obscurity. It's just fishy that I heard nothing from the guy, despite several efforts to contact on my part, and then, within a day of my escalating the claim, he's no longer a registered Ebay user. Maybe he's in hospital from some kind of traumatic accident or worse, and Ebay shut him down. If that's so, then I'm glad I entitled this thread "Possible Ebay Scammer. . ." and have asked for information about the man, which, on that note, if anyone out there can confirm that Voss has for reasonably understandable reasons been unable to Ebay, then please let me know, either on this thread or through a private message. Thanks again.

epackage

Reaction score
Glen can you find out where your payment was sent to narrow down where in the US he lives?

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Jim, that's part of the problem. Voss's address was not verified with either Ebay or PayPal, so I'm outta luck on both counts. Also, I checked Ebay's auto-communications and nothing as well. I did a google search but came up with too many Vosses, even when I narrowed the search in various ways. Unless PayPal decides I'm covered and refunds me, I'm out the dough. Happens, I guess.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264