What States do not have a Colored Pontil Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
The aqua one is Theo. There could be a green one that is too, just saying that the only green one I knew of had a smooth base. Gerry Phifer may know for sure.

~Tim

nhpharm

Reaction score
I don't think New Hampshire has one, colored or aqua. As a matter of fact I only know of one colored squat from New Hampshire, and that is smooth base.

I know there is one pontiled one listed but I don't believe it...the Henry Hall's are all smooth base as far as I know.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
If there is one from VT, I'd love to see a pic of it. I'm not aware of one. I'm not even sure there is a pontiled soda for VT, period. There's the little JD Stanley from Rutland, but I've only ever seen them in aqua and smooth based.

Jim G

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey RIB. Couldn't figure out the search page from that link (but I am reasonably inept on a computer).

willieboy

Reaction score
Florida does not have a pontiled colored soda. Actually I have never encountered an embossed Florida bottle that has a pontil. Labeled puffs from Florida towns is about as close as you get. Most likely George Emory/Jacksonville Fla is the first embossed soda water bottle used in Florida and it is a smooth base aqua bottle circa 1870 +/- a couple of years. One of DT Sweeny/Key West, Fla bottles is an amber lightning stopper bottle and the only true colored soda type bottle from Florida I know of and is scarcely seen for sale. The Ponce DeLeon Springs Water/
St Augustine, Fla is a colored Saratoga type bottle. It is extremely rare. Slim pickins in this neck of the woods for old colored soda's. There are probably less than a dozen bottlers that used embossed gravitating stopper bottles.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp