Haunted Collectible?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Anthonicia

Reaction score
Recently acquired some fired gardner mini-bullets from the Southern retreat from the Battle of Gettysburg. They gave me a weird feeling, and still do when I hold them. I have no idea if this bullet killed someone or whatever, but they give off a real heaviness that's hard to describe.

I've never really believed that an object holds spirits or whatnot. Do believe in ghosts, or I have seen something of the sort before. I just don't go looking for them really.

But, anyway, I had a very lucid dream about a Civil War soldier or someone of that time and his name was Steven. Whether it was maybe Stevens as in a last name it is possible. I only heard it spoken once. Well, this Steven man had a son, no wife or mother was present. There was a horrible wave of melancholy that came over me and I believe this is what Steven was feeling. Maybe he was upset about the war or maybe his wife had died, both? I'm not sure. But he kills his son and then walks outside to a tree and kills himself.

Upon waking up I was screaming "How long!" over and over. Even a few times after I gained full consciousness I was still screaming. I've had dreams about the man since then as well. They've not been quite as intense as the first time, but I get that horrible wave of depression as he goes about ordinary 19th century life.

One time I woke up speaking in a language I don't know. Have it written down somewhere what I said but I can't find it.

Does anyone else have similar experiences? Something strange or "paranormal"?

I can't be the only "crazy" bottle collector here who is interested in ghosts right?

AlexD

Reaction score
I'd like to say that's cool, but I better not. I'd be terrified if that happened to me[8D]

epackage

Reaction score
My dreams are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy different from yours[;)], and I think people who believe in ghosts, bigfoot and 800 year old people, like those found in the bible, are on a 'personal search' for something they feel they need that life itself isn't providing them. I'm positive we have many people who believe like you do here...

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

My dreams are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy different from yours[;)], and I think people who believe in ghosts, bigfoot and 800 year old people, like those found in the bible, are on a 'personal search' for something they feel they need that life itself isn't providing them. I'm positive we have many people who believe like you do here...

Do you have any proof that "certain" people didn't live 800 years? [:)] I'm lucky if I top out at 450.

Big Foot----- Not

Ghost yes--Ive seen the other side

Anthonicia

Reaction score
Not a spiritual quest or anything for me. I like to keep an open mind. It's only crazy until it happens to you. Doesn't hurt to have someone with you to experience the same thing too. The only time I've seen something was with an old friend. A black mass like cloud formed to the left of us on a railroad track, then went under the track beneath us and started to form a figure on the right side, 8-10ft tall. The way it moved was unlike anything I'd seen or seen since.

We were only 16 or so at the time and didn't have the nerve to stick around long. Don't think I could stay around in that situation now being 30 though. If I hadn't seen it and was listening to someone else telling the story I wouldn't believe it either. You can easily be dismissive and say, "oh, that was just fog moving in."

I've never seen black fog before and I have been out in middle of oceans as I have land on the other side of earth. Fog doesn't move with consciousness and never black.

Plumbata

Reaction score
I've had some pretty wild inexplicable experiences, and like your experience with the black fog, one was experienced by myself and a friend in an abandoned house in the woods. We were in different parts of the house, and I heard a voice coming seemingly from inside the wall, saying something like "... who's there?..." (there was more but my hearing is very weird; not bad in the usual sense but my processing of auditory information has a lag time between initially hearing sounds and mental assemblage into intelligible words).

Anyway, It sure didn't sound like my friend's voice but I went out of the room into the hall to holler and ask what my friend just said. He, at the same time, left the room at the other end of the hall to ask me the same thing. We both asked "what did you say?" at the same time. Our eyes locked, got wide, and we flew out of that house like terrified pigeons, haha. When we talk about it now, years later, it still gives us the chills.

And Jim is naturally cynical seeing how he has stated he is an agnostic/atheist. Well, I was an atheist at the time too, and never believed in spirits, the afterlife, or any of that stuff anytime prior. Sure as heck wasn't into believing in ghosts, spirits, etc. so that event rocked me pretty hard.

epackage

Reaction score
Cynical yes, but in this case it's more a matter of being a person who has grown up in a time of science. I find myself believing that there is a reasonable answer as to why everything happens, not always easy to prove answers but reasonable explanations none the less...[;)] Many times the situations people find themselves in seem to dictate or allow the imagination to run wild just a little bit, creating great stories to regale one another with for years to come.

Anthonicia

Reaction score
I don't know what I really consider myself to be. I grew up Catholic, but my friends would say I'm agnostic. The main resistance to saying I'm actually an agnostic is guilt.

Those strange things we see/hear could be scientifically explained as being from another dimension. If you're scientifically minded, then that has to be a possibility. Unless you are from that school of science who thinks Einstein's theories are just of the theoretical and not proven?

rockbot

Reaction score
How about other life in the universe?

ORIGINAL: epackage

Cynical yes, but in this case it's more a matter of being a person who has grown up in a time of science. I find myself believing that there is a reasonable answer as to why everything happens, not always easy to prove answers but reasonable explanations none the less...[;)] Many times the situations people find themselves in seem to dictate or allow the imagination to run wild just a little bit, creating great stories to regale one another with for years to come.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8|]As to other life in the universe, I feel that it would be really dumb to think that intelligent life(if ya can call it that[:)]) only exists here on earth......

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi