Bushland Artifacts

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kim

Reaction score
Hi All
Whilst detecting we come across this stone. We found it near a chinese camp but believe that the Aborigines actually used it prior to the Chinese. It must have been used for grinding berries or grain. If you have any ideas of what it is or was actually used for I would love to know The stone remains where it was found.
Regards Kim

Tr50463.jpg

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Kim, I believe that is a very, very, very ancient Dunny Hole[8D] If it was in Central or South America, I would suspect it having ritualistic use - Are there any artifacts like this in your museums?

Kim

Reaction score
Nope!, No bottles in this privy then.

Lol[:D], Norm you have the best imagination. I guess you have to be creative in the mind to work out 'what was that used for' I mean that in the nicest way[:)].

We approached a local museum regarding this particular piece but they didn't seem to be very interested. Both Linc and I would love to see it in a museum or left where it is. Linc found it years ago and we visit it occasionally to show a friend or family.

Oh and talking about 'Chewing Gum', I have just started on the nicorrette gum to try and give away the cigarettes, hmmm! On my third day and traveling well. I have had some shopping therapy so I am okay today[>:]lol.

Regards Kim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu