Doll house or better?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
I just got this in the mail. Won it off ebay a few days ago. It was listed as a doll house bottle and had very poor pictures. It was cheap so I thought I would take the chance. What do you think..newer doll house bottle or something older?

D21E514917EA42A1BFDB0F7C60EE9A0A.jpg

Attachments

• D21E514917EA42A1BFDB0F7C60EE9A0A.jpg
    D21E514917EA42A1BFDB0F7C60EE9A0A.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 94

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Iron pontil? I doubt doll house. Is that 2½" the base? It seems taller but it's hard to get a reference point from the table and chair.

bostaurus

Reaction score
2 1/2 inches tall. Iron pontil and some rough area around that...not sharp ..more like sand paper.
I usually think of European bottles with a really tall kick up like that but iron pontils seem to be a more American thing.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I posted an about 5½" demi looking thing years ago. It wasn't IP but it was pontil. I figured a solid rod that didn't leave much glass behind with the concave. That I thought European for sure even though the tapered lip looked more US. It was very thin and I'd think fragile would be an understatement.
IP isn't unheard of overseas though either. Where was it bought from?

If one or both were doll accessories I wonder what they were teaching their kids. It's an odd way to say drink is bad and glass can hurt when broken. [:D]

bostaurus

Reaction score
This one is very thin too. I bought it off eBay. The pictures were very blurry but I bought it because of the shape and the shadow of the iron pontil....and it was cheap.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Nice score, I really like it! It looks old to me and seems to have some wear, but my opinions regarding this topic don't hold any water so hopefully the experts can offer something more substantial. Could it have been a cologne or perfume bottle?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
and it was cheap.
OK, ebay US I guess. I knew the ebay part, you mentioned that. I remember you shop the UK site sometimes and I can never pay the cross Atlantic shipping.
Anyway, I hope you get an answer Mel and not just my carp input. [:)] I'm interested also.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp